1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much will we get for Victor?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 18, 2021.

?

How much do we get for Victor?

1. 1st and expirings

2. 1st and 2nd plus expirings

3. 2 1st's

4. 1st in the 8-11 range

5. 2 1st's and a good young player

6. 3 1sts

7. He's not going anywhere. We're keeping him.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

If GS were interested in a trade I'd be down for an Oladipo for Oubre swap. Oladipo is making $21 mil vs Oubre's $14 mil. Don't know what would have to be added but I like his game.

2021/2022
    P.G. - Porter Jr
    S.G. - Draft Pick
    S.F. - Oubre
    P.F. - Tate
    ..C. - Wood

Would be a fun young squad to cheer for.

tc0330 and ThrillaNManilla like this.
  2. sydmill

sydmill Member

Agreed. I see them packaging their non-top 4 picks to move up into the late lottery and make a run at someone like Kispert. At least that is what I would be trying to do.

raining threes and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No one, unless explodes in a good way.

BamBam likes this.
  4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He’s also a 3 month rental. Not likely any team is going to mortgage their future for 3 months of joy (and occasional pain).

saleem and tycoonchip like this.
  5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Yeah- some of those choices for him are absurd. I didn’t see 2nd round pick and a bag of shag balls so I posted- stay with houston, but I’m sure if we could wash a bad contract and trade him to a good team we should be able to get a shitty first rounder out of the deal. Maybe if we take Wiggins awful deal from golden state we could get the wolves pick. Maybe. I’d do that if I’m Houston as the goal should also be to suck balls next year and the year after, while we control our picks, before looking to compete in 23-24.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Just a few weeks ago,

the same group of idiots here insist we should hold on to his bird right as this will help this sorry franchise to rebuild in no time.

And now this.

LMAO.

7. futilman

futilman Member

IN A HEARTBEAT

peleincubus likes this.
  8. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’d be cool with just Oubre

Don’t really think to high of oladipo and don’t want Stone getting crazy demanding 1st

Just get me a young prospect and get Vic the **** off the team if he doesn’t want to be here

9. Xopher

Xopher Member

I was thinking somewhere between 4 bags of Ruffles and 2 cans of Pringles

BamBam likes this.
  10. jakejohnson5445

I know a guy that has an in with the Warriors. I don’t see any scenario where they give up Wiseman or the Minnesota pick for Oladipo.

They like Oladipo but you’re probably looking at them offering Oubre plus a young player or two....maybe a heavily protected 1st.

Not sure what kind of offers Stone is getting right now so who knows if that type of offer is competitive.

raining threes likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Is there an option for no first?

If contenders are the ones shopping for him, their picks will be high 20s at best.

But I could see people only giving us the matching salaries for random assets.

Corrosion likes this.
  12. finsraider

finsraider Member

I am doubtful on the Warriors for several reasons. They did that Minnesota deal to get a great pick, knowing what it would cost them in luxury taxes. They aren’t going to give it up for Oladipo.

13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Heartbeat is too long.

14. jakejohnson5445

Yep. They would trade that pick and Wiseman but they’re hoping to do it in a deal for the next star that hits the trade market.

On top of all that, people are afraid to give up a lot for Oladipo because they think he might bolt to Miami after this season.

#54 jakejohnson5445, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Victor, when healthy, like now, IS an All Star. This is at a position of need, because of Klay. Their time is now. I'm assuming GS is one of the few exceptions where O would have no problem signing.
    Vic(plus a little more if needed,within reason) for Wiggins & #1.

#55 Plowman, Mar 18, 2021
  16. Sanity2disChaos

that’s the question.... why did we trade for Dipo again??!!! I guess to go through the same thing twice but worse this time!! Wow. I’m tired fam!

#56 Sanity2disChaos, Mar 18, 2021
  17. jakejohnson5445

They’d give up a 1st I just can’t see them giving up the Minny 1st.

They’re shopping Oubre plus young players/picks around the league seeing what they can get.

#57 jakejohnson5445, Mar 18, 2021
  18. dmoneybangbang

I also get the feeling it will be the Knicks and will be the worst of the Dallas/NYK FRP plus poo poo expirings.

joshuaao, Corrosion and sydmill like this.
  19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I’m not expecting much for Dipo unless there’s an understanding he’ll resign with his new team. He’s probably not worth much as a rental given his inconsistent play this year.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont think thats a low bar, that pushes the Harden trade to 2 low frps, 3 unprotected picks, 4 unprotected swaps and expirings.

Thats a massive haul for Harden when all is said and done certainly better than Super max Simmons, 2 scrubs and 1-2 protected frps.

Richie_Rich likes this.