1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much will DMO sign for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blahblehblah, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
?

How much will DMO sign for?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. 1 year for under 11 million

26.7%
  2. 1 year for 11 million or over

2.7%
  3. 2 years for 20 million + (team option 2nd)

22.9%
  4. 3/4 years for under 10million per year

26.7%
  5. 3/4 years for over 10 million per year

20.9%
  1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

3 years 25-28 mill

2. alethios

alethios Member

He's probably going to take the 1 year QO and go UFA next year. But that will backfire because he will still be limited by his back and may end up missing more games because of it.

If he's smart, he will take a 4 yr/40 mil offer and stay reasonably secure for the time being.

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

2 years 10 mill per .2nd year team option.
    Doubt he will get a long term contract with concern to his back injury

4. CertifiedTroll

I very well hope you are right. I would, under no circumstances, want the Rockets dishing out that kind of money for DMo. But the contracts are insane, he is an intriguing prospect, and Allen Crabbe.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Did you support Ryan Anderson at 20m, because he missed 60 games with a back injury.

DD

6. CertifiedTroll

I believe Ryan Anderson is proven in his craft, so yes. He can score and space the floor efficiently. He has shown he is capable of scoring.

I feel DMo has a ton of skills, but is awkward, off balance, and has confidence issues. If DMo overcomes all of these negatives I am sure he will be well worth the money, but why gamble when you can pick safer options that also provide high upside. Just my take, I am not going to try to passionately argue one way or the other with you. If you think DMo is worth 20mm per, I understand why you would think that :grin:I just feel otherwise :p

1 person likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think anyone is worth 20m a year - just saying that the going rate seems to be seriously elevated for bigs.

And, I do think the nature of his health is a concern or a negotiation tactic. And if he feels that is behind him, then I could see him taking the QO - but maybe he feels it would be best to take 40m guaranteed (or something similar).

Will be interesting, my guess is that the Rocks have offered him a decent rate, but not one commensurate with that other bigs are getting (Myers Leonard) and DMo is trying to decide to take the guarantee or come back as an UFA next year for big money.

DD

#27 DaDakota, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I as a fan would give him 3 years

but I think it will be 2 years (option) 9-11 million a year

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

4 years,

$88 million.

[​IMG]

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

He won't sign long-term if he feels healthy. There's no point to do so for chump change.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's not really up to him. He could be 100% confident in his back but teams are not just based on the Detroit trade. The market dictates, not D-Mo.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds Good.

Rocket River

13. omgTHEpotential

DMo's agent would be dumb to advise him to take a 3-4 year lowball deal. Qualifying offer is probably the way to go to up his stock around the league. Rockets and Pistons sure did a heck of a job destroying it.

14. basketballholic

Most of you guys are going to be shocked.

Look, we gave Ryan Anderson 4/80 and we are one of the most prudent teams in the Association in terms of player contracts.

15. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Last time we have similar conversation about our PF , was last year (15 mill) , and he ended up signing 1 year for a minimum in NO. So I say it up to markets and Morey to dictate the value of D-Mo.

16. omgTHEpotential

We gave Ryan Anderson 4/80, because he's an All-Sta... Oh wait.

17. basketballholic

How many of you that are saying he's going to either sign the qualifying offer or get a low dollar 2-4 year deal also thought Terence was going to get $15 million a session before last season? Please confess.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not saying much but Ryan Anderson actually helped a team go to the EC finals.

He has some credentials at the very least.

DMo got nothing, he has not even been able to play 80 games of a season.

I can understand if they give him a contract, won't be surprised, just disgusted.

Teams that are going nowhere will do that.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Look, the market decides.

The league has paid more money to stiffs than skilled players that cannot rebound well.

Terrence has not proven much in the league, you could say Motiejunas has done more in the regular season.

But look at the playoffs, and I am sure Jones had played more games in the playoffs while Donuts often gets injured around postseason time.

The fact is that whether Donuts or Jones are hot commodity.

Donuts might get the Euro hype, but it might be his last "bigger contract" if he cannot get healthy and produce.

If homers are telling themselves otherwise to sleep better at night, so be it but that is just the truth.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Neither is hot commodity. Fixed.