1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

How Much Water Do You Drink?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by amfootball, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'm leaving the country tomorrow to go to Greece and I doubt that I will be able to drink Mello Yello. I am not that big of a fan of Coke anymore, so I think I will probably drink just water (hopefully they will always be bottled and not tap) and maybe a cocktail or two. It will be interesting to see if I have any caffeine withdrawal problems as I will be gone for like 12 days.

I have gone like a week before without Mello Yello and didn't really notice any headaches but I did feel a little funny - like I wasn't myself for some reason.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't really drink sodas anymore... maybe 1 every couple of months.
    I drink 40-48 oz. of water at work. Then I come home and probably drink another 64 oz. of iced tea (decaf). After having kidney stones, I've learned my lesson...

BTW, I think most people recommend you drink about 8-12 cups (64-96 oz) a day, but it varies based upon your activities.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

DoD,

I read somewhere that you are recommended to drink half of your body weight in ounces every day. So, for example, I weigh 200 pounds, so it is recommended for me to drink 100 oz of water a day. Can't remember where I read that, though.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Unless I'm playing basketball or working out and I hit up the water fountain, I can go probably a week at a time without ANY water. All soda for me. What's crazy is that I'm still in good shape, so I sometimes wonder what I'd look like if I reversed my routine and drank nothing but water instead.

When I am in a period of working out 5 or 6 days a week, which I do from time to time, I drink lots of water, but I still drink the equivalent of probably 3 cans of soda per day. I don't eat a lot of sweets, so I look at it as my vice I guess.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

please tell me you are NOT a dude! :D

i try to drink the standard 64 oz./day that "they" say we should drink. i actually enjoy water - its refreshing. i used to drink alot of soda when i was younger, but ive pretty much cut it out. i do drink 3-4 cups of french-pressed coffee per day though.

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

This sexist comment is brought to you by Kool-Aid
    [​IMG]
    OH YEAH!
    ;)

(yes, that is a communist Kool-Aid, but how could I pass up posting that???:D)

and yeah, she's NOT a dude!

Anyway, the dining hall is absolutely abominable on campus so it's hard for me to eat what they serve (they call it "food"). When it's beyond inedible I'll practically fill up on soda just to get me to the next meal or I'll go back and make me a protein shake. I should be drinking more water, but ehhh...

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

okay, how about this..

weve discussed it before.

but tap or bottled?

8. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

propel my nigs.

Not only does it cure cancer, but well, it cures cancer.

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

So Propel is basically bottled tears from Chuck Norris? I may have to check that out. :)

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I used to drink water, none.

:( I now drink 1 to 3 glasses (about 12 oz. glasses) per day since my doctor said it would help get rid of the flu I had. That nasty cough is gone now. I bought me a 24-pack of Walgreens water for 4 bucks. AWESOME.

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

My job does not provide convenient facilities, so I've significantly cut back on the water I drink.

I've also significantly put on extra weight as a result.

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Let me put it this way.. Some times I feel like I need a pallet mover when I go to buy water at WalWart..

I dont drink coffee so around 9ish I have a Sprite and at lunch I will have a Coke or iced tea then when I get home it's another 2 glasses of iced tea, but the rest of the day up till I fall asleep it's all water all the time..

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the longest time I had a serious addiction to Mountain Dew. I can't stand the taste of coffee so I had to get my caffeine fix somewhere (at the time, I worked a rotating shift that included graveyards). After I got a new job working only day shifts, I decided to cut out the soda all together. I've only had a few scattered headaches (which I think could probably be attributed to something else) but I have had a LOT less energy in the mornings when I need the pick-me-up the most. But I anticipate that after I adjust and start dropping weight, my overall health will have me feeling much better on average.

14. techwriter

techwriter Contributing Member

I ended up getting off sodas due to a really bad case of bronchitis. The only thing I could drink without pain going all the way down was water. Ended up being a good thing since I drink mostly water now, but it wasn't fun that week. :D

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i drink a couple of glasses of water during the day at work and a bottle before i go to bed.

16. famicom

famicom Member

17. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I don't drink as much straight water as I should but I drink a lot of fluids. I drink a lot of tea, maybe about 4 cups a day, and in the summer will drink maybe 2 cups of diet soda a day. Thank you Coke Zero. I also eat a lot of soup in the winter.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I drink a lot of water at work. Good for you but you have to run to the restroom every 10 mins.

19. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you can force yourself to not drink any soda and drink tons of water, just for a few days, the strong soda craving goes away a bit and gets smaller and smaller over time. I used to drink 5 to 6 sodas a day and now I usually cant even finish one 20oz bottle. It just tastes too sweet to me now. I do have to have a Dr. Pepper when I eat Mexican food or pizza though.

20. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Force myself to not drink soda?

[​IMG]