1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Much Water Do You Drink?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by amfootball, Dec 29, 2005.

1. amfootball

amfootball Member

A few months ago my company hired a few new girls in my department. They're all tiny sticks. So, I immediately changed my diet habits because I was feeling self-conscious. It's turned out to be a great thing because I really am much healthier now, not to mention three sizes smaller. The only things I really did were cut out fast food and soda. I've gone from about 5 cans of coke a day to 6-8 bottles of water a day. My only thing is now I have to pee about 10 times in a normal 8-hour work day. So, I got to thinking, how much water do other people drink and does it cause you to pee uncontrollably?

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i started drinking water more regularly as well. wasn't a big water drinker at first until we started the bus stop stalker ymca league. noticed that i used to cramp up... big time during the game and afterwards, coming home and going to sleep... man, the cramps would go to the calfs and thighs. hurt like phock.

now... i drink about six cups a day. big change as far as cramps are concerned, but i do pee like a muth.

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Same here. Big water drinker, 6-8 12oz cups a day, but I pee all day long.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

I probably drink the equivalent of only 1 20 oz bottle of water a day. Rest of my fluids come from OJ, cranberry juice, diet cokes and gatorate.

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Does beer count? :D

6. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i drink pretty much nothing but water. if i go out to eat i usually get iced tea, but yeah water is so much more healthier for you than sodas. it's a good thing to go pee after drinking something, that means your body is breaking it down and disposing of it. sodas are much harder for the body to break down because there are so many chemicals in them. i'm damn near convinced that beer is in a lot of ways healthier than soda. of course too much beer can lead to liver problems but if you want something other than water, i'd go with iced tea or beer. less chemicals.

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I go for about a liter and a half of water per day. Sometimes two.

8. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

same here.

9. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I also drink nothing but water, although I'm not sure how much I drink in a day. I think maybe around 2 gallons a day at least.

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

How did you guys get yourself to stop drinking soda? Just not buy any soda, its to hard for me to drink just water when theres a pop in the refridgerator. Any tips on how to get started into the routine of just drinking water? Isnt there also side effects as well, dont you get some headaches since you stop losing the sugar from the pop?

11. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

yeah, just stop buying soda. headaches shouldn't be a real problem if you don't drink more than 2 or so a day.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I used to drink 6 12 Oz aluminum cans of Mello Yello a day and I was paying for it when I was in grad school and after I got out as I started getting bladder infections with some regularity. Now I am down to 3 to 4 Mello Yellos a day and I drink probably at least 4, sometimes 6 12 Oz bottles of water. I still have to be careful in that I drink plenty of water or the bladder will act up again but for the most part, I don't get the infections anymore. I am convinced that you can put enough bad things in your body, food and drink wise, but if you drink enough water, you will be okay.

13. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

We get unlimited bottles of Aquafina on the trade floor...16 or 20 oz ones. I tend to drink 4 of those a day, plus a glass in the morning with my vitamins and fiber tabs, plus two or three cups of tea, and then whatever I drink in the evening. And if I work out after work, I drink 16 oz during and 16 oz after.

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

It wasn't really that tough for me. I just stopped one day, and there's always been tons of soda in the refrigerator during this time thanks to my family. It never really bothered me when I saw them. I can't really remember having any bad headaches, although I imagine I must have had some since I was pretty addicted to soda (reason for my name). Obviously, if I did have them, they weren't bad enough for me to remember them. It turned out to be a lot easier than I thought.

I have had a few funny dreams about drinking soda though.

15. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Its called caffeine withdrawal. Addiction rocks.

16. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

I'll see what i can do, I have gone from regular sodas to just diet sodas already..mainly because mom started only buying diet stuff so it was that or no soda. I wont be able to get her to stop buying soda because the rest of my family drinks soda, but i'll just try to stop drinking it and go for some water.

17. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I think it's important for you not to have soda on hand to drink. The temptation would be hard to resist. If you only have water it's what you will drink. Ozarka Spring Water has enough flavor for me.

People who drink a lot of non-diet sodas and other liquids have no idea how many calories a day they are consuming. Some folks consume 500-800 calories a day in liquids and don't even know it while wondering why they are so overweight. It's not fatty greasy foods; it's not desserts. It's the Starbucks and the sodas. If they would switch to waters and diet sodas, they'd drop 20-40 pounds just doing that alone without even changing their other eating habits. Of course this is extreme because most people are overweight for a combination of reasons.

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

He hit the nail on the head. I got myself off of caffeine and had to go through some very bad headaches but eventually I got through. I didn't stop cold turkey though, I gradually weaned myself off the sodas by using a product with lots of caffeine and gradually going to those with less then going to those with none. I finally did it and drink Sprite/Sierra Mist or water and juices.

19. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

maybe 2 glasses a day... if im at work or school, even less.
    while at work, the iced tea/white tea intake increases
    and while at school the root beer/ dr pepper one does.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hey old man, can't cranberry juice cause kidney stones? I've read mixed reviews on it. It's great for preventing UTI's but can cause certain types of kidney stones. Anyway, just throwing that out there... :)