1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much improvement will we see in Beverley and Jones this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrNuegebauer, Jul 11, 2014.

1. kemah

kemah Member

lol

And his defense hasn't improved. The problem here is he is our best PF right now.

2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Bevdefense means nothing if it doesnt show in the playoffs as his offense cant offset it like Harden. Lillard straight up killed him. I know he was hurt a but He didnt slow down Lillard at all. Wanna see this year if it translates come playoff time.

Jones: He is gonna have to show defensive improvement if he wants to play come playoffs are he is gonna go right back to the bench but this time Rockets dont have a top 5 defensive Center to replace him with.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This. Rep'd.

As much frustration we show towards Jones at times, especially when he goes head to head with the best PFs in the west, we must remember how young this guy is.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I really hope we start Motiejunas. It is time to give him 30 min in that arole and see if he can flourish. I really like Adrien as well so that definitely leaves Jones to be traded. Capela is also just too young to wait around for and we should try to get value.

5. macho87

macho87 Member

I have no hope in Jones. Don't care how young he is. The 4 spot must be upgraded.

6. kemah

kemah Member

lol

I have little confidence in Dmo.

7. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Watch Jones start playing like Blake Griffin

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Jones, is the next Joe Barry Carroll...

Has all the talent in the world, but no heart...

Doesn't matter what type of upside you have, if you don't have the heart or the desire...

T_Man

9. NotChandlerParsons

Beverley is probably my favorite player on the Rockets, but he's 26. I don't see him making any major strides in his game. I also think he's a bit underrated as a P&R ball handler, in his first season he was pretty solid but last year all we had him do was throw entry passes to Dwight. With no apparent backup for Bev, I would like to see his and Harden's minutes staggered, but McHale never did that back when the guard rotation was Lin/Harden/Douglas/Delfino.

10. NotChandlerParsons

I don't blame Bev for that at all. The Portland offense is designed to allow Lillard to shoot off P&Rs all day. He can't teleport through screens, big men and coaching are way more important in covering pick and rolls. Nobody knew what they were doing after Sampson left. The players literally switched Parsons for Bev on Lillard on the last possession of the game.

11. baubo

baubo Member

I think Beverley can perfect a floater to his game that he can use when getting closed out. He showed a bit last year already. That will be ceiling IMO. Basically a superior Rafer. Jones I have no idea. He looks like he can do everything but nothing really great. I can't get a feeling on him at all.

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I just want T-Jones to be able to develop a quicker release and consistently make mid range jumpers..

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

3rd PG? I can name only one "contender" for which Beverley wouldn't be the backup, and that's OKC.

14. dje243

dje243 Member

Beverley is vastly underrated by some on this board. His shot has improved. Guy is not really a weak link at all. All upgrade focus should be at the 4.

15. basketballholic

He's had 3 off seasons to work on it now, not to mention the summer between his freshmen and sophomore seasons. He has the same mechanics as he had when he was a freshman at Kentucky.

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Almost certain he meant 3&d not 3rd...

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Beverley had 104 fever after the 2nd game and was hospitalized outside the games, his minutes plummeted as part of a product of his general health, no player troubles lillard as much as a healthy beverley, lillard was going completely bat**** the moment beverley sat in those first 2 games.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's ironic that you trash TJ for jumper when your favorite PG on the Timberwolves has an uglier jumper and he has had 7 years to work on it. At least TJ can make a shot 5 feet from the basket.

19. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

We will see what he is about come playoffs.