1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much hate do Muslims deal with?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 7, 2015.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The topic was about how much hate do Muslim's deal with...I stated that Sunni's and Shiites have been at each other's throats since the death of the Islamic Prophet. That bitterness, while politically motivated...still exists today. ISIS...a creation of a power vacuum left by the ouster of Sadaam...etc...has killed more Muslims. There are even stats that show that since 1948...almost 12 million Muslims have died by the hands of each other...as opposed to a exclusive result of hate outside the Islamic world.

In my opinion...people outside Islam, dont HATE Islam, but rather view it with a more critical eye.

Not sure of the political point that you made in regards to American policies in the Middle East...I never wanted the Bush clan to go there in the first place... The entire region now is a total mess.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sorry sugrlndkid doesn't bail you out there. Just say sorry.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

So you just assume the mosque was burned down by an anti-Islamic person? There have been multiple Muslims who burn down their own mosque just to stir up trouble and fuel the fires of peoplel ike you who apparently rush to judgement without all of the facts.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...man-pleads-guilty-in-mosque-fire-10785703.php

4. MystikArkitect

So what you're saying is that I shouldn't jump to conclusions about certain incidents or paint with a broad brush.

Will take that into account.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

I suggest that you wait until all the facts come in before assuming something. It is no different from a terrorist act. People should not automatically assume they are committed by Muslims. Once the facts are known, you can get as mad as you want to but your anger will be pointed in the right direction.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

DudeWah likes this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well I agree with you! Bush's war created the conditions for ISIS.

You are aware that America came into being because Christians have been at each other's throats for 500 years. . . .

You are aware that the Nazi Christians killed 11 million civilians. That's not counting war casualties. And Britain and France and the USA (Christian countries) killed lots more.

You are aware that "one nation under God" continues to kill people every day.

I still don't know why Americans need to care about Sunni/Shia issues. Can you say?

#228 sirbaihu, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017