1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much does Shawn Marion have left in the tank?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pacertom, Aug 5, 2014.

1. pacertom

pacertom Member

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i think he has at least a year left

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Very capable from what I saw from him last year. I wouldn't expect much from him when it comes to the offensive end, though.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He would be a perfect bench player for the Cavs and a steal at the vet minimum.

For the Pacers, they need a creative offensive starter very badly and Marion doesn't fit that bill at all. If he was plugged into PG's position they will be the easiest team in the NBA to defend, especially when you consider Vogel's deficiencies.

5. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

If the Cav's land him before the 23rd than Wiggins is definitely gone for Love.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

No, Wiggins is already gone for Love which is why the Cavs want Marion.

7. Asian Sensation

He has enough left to help us get out of the first round. I really wish we could get him.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Starter? not really, he's more of a 15-20 mpg guy now, I think his flexibility would do a good job glueing a bench together, but that's about it now, Dallas sucked the rest of his life out of him.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He can't grow to old for that length... As long as he's able to play, his length will make him an effective defender.

10. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

For his defense, he can be a good bench player for a couple more years.

11. pacertom

pacertom Member

I'm starting to hope the Pacers get him, even though it doesn't help the offense.

George always blanketed the best opposing perimeter player, along with offense and playmaking. You can't replace everything, obviously, but at least it's something. I don't want to see CJ Miles having to guard the best opposing wing.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If you do snag him, it'll certainly be at least a 2 year deal. Once PG comes back, Marion should still be fantastic.

13. pacertom

pacertom Member

To use the disabled player exception, it would have to be a 1 year deal, by league rules.

A 2 year (or more) deal could only be at the vet minimum salary, not using the exception. Cleveland is offering that, so he'd go there.

14. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Cavs need more players with championship experience, Marion adds that.

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Damn, has Morey even considered getting him? Another player who slipped through the cracks. I guess Rockets FO thinks we're ok with Joey Dorsey smfh