1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

How much did you make this year? and how much do you have right now?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I remember listening to that song on an LP.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm not saying you shouldn't have an emergency fund. if you use your CC only for necessities (i.e. food, gas, clothing, utilities) then losing your income becomes irrelevant. you would have spent that money regardless. except with a CC, you pay at the end of every month with a 1-5% kickback.

now, whether you're disciplined enough not to use the CC for luxuries is a personal issue. your description of your budget lends me to believe you're more than capable of saying "no" to excess. but if you're not comfortable with CCs then by all means avoid them. i just think you're missing out on "free" money.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I actually have an Amazon card I don't use and forgot about. Won't use it or go with Chase though because of their terrible commercials. Any other options?

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

5. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

This is what I use, great card!

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

thats cool. Unfortunately most people use credit cards for "emergencies", but then they put Christmas gifts on them - which I don't understand because Christmas doesn't sneak up on anyone..you have an entire year to prepare for it. Doesn't sound like you have this problem..but way too many people in America do.

7. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

If you are working salary and gets paid bi-weekly. Today was pay day, would next payday on Jan. 4th be included in 2012 income, since it would cover work for this n next wk ending Dec. 28th?

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Depending upon what city and how close in you live, that's probably fair. But you'll need to really curb your tastes, figure out how "bad" a neighborhood/complex you'd be willing to live in, or, depending upon how low the HOA fees are ($85 in Midwest v. $300 in Houston), consider getting a crappy condo. And get used to wearing the same clothes for a while. Your next car should probably be cheaper, too. If you're saving up for anything, it should probably be a degree or some kind of professional certification, as opposed to travel (or even a nice house).

9. Defy9

Defy9 Member

Made about 38k have about 11k plus a 260k debt because I just purchased an apartment.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Unfortunately, having kept the same tastes since my early 20s with some decent career consistency, I've kind of taken the same tack. Not so much spending more as being able to rely on auto-debit for the set expenses and not really feeling the need to check or know my balance every day.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Actually I think it's his house that's 40 years old and in the same middle class Dundee neighborhood in Omaha. I don't think anyone feels driving a 40 year old car is a good investment. I have a hard time imagining any businessman not wanting to at least have a tailor, and Omaha has enough cheap ones that he could still save. Sears is just a horrible place for anyone to shop for clothes.

12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I believe he has a 70s model diesel Mercedes if I recall correctly. The Dude is one of the richest men in the world, and he has made other's wealthy beyond their imaginations... he's doing something right. He doesn't give a **** how he looks, he has 40 billion dollars.

13. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

If I ignore the student loans I'm racking up...

Our household income is between $150-200K... But, we live in the Bay Area, so we're broke. ;)

14. jae713

jae713 Member

Made about 32k and have about 13k in savings. Really going to try and save super hard in 2013 and purchase my first home. This has been one of my better financial years in a couple of years. Feels good to be out of debt.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Lost count after $500... I'm pretty set. I make it rain.

16. SunsRocketsfan

XXXK made. XXXK saved

17. SunsRocketsfan

My dad's a gynecologist. He looks at vaginas all day long.

18. BornTexan

BornTexan Rookie

You're 50-100K away from getting over the poverty line;)

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I keep having to say this in threads, but I'll do it again. None of your damned business.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Gawd y'all some broke boys.