1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much coke do you drink?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Frank Black, Feb 9, 2001.

1. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

Coke

In many states in the US, the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in their trucks to remove blood from the road after a car accident.

You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days. (scary!)

To clean a toilet: pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean.

The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers, rub the bumper with a crumpled up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals, pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt, apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham, pour a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke
    for a sumptuous brown gravy.

To remove grease from clothes, empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent and run through a regular cycle. The Coke will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FYI: The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

How many "sodas" do you drink per day? Do you have colon problems?? Hmmm

------------------
    "...just because a clever person can complicate the discussion about the truth doesn't necessarily mean he or she is making any progress in finding it."

2. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

No more urban legends.

Grrr

3. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

people inject or sniff coke to get high too [​IMG]

------------------

4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I dont drink soft drinks. Coke is bad for you -- not for the things listed above, but because it is rediculously high in sugar and is loaded with caffeine.

That and the fact that it is just a big manufacturing synthetic thingiemajjig that will contain "natural and artificial flavors" which means that they put all sorts of fun stuff in it... [​IMG]

Huh?

Right.

------------------
    Big A, little a bouncing B,
    The System might have got you, but it won't get me.

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thanks for getting to this before me. [​IMG]

------------------
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

6. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

OK! Gosh. Drink on friends.

------------------
    "...just because a clever person can complicate the discussion about the truth doesn't necessarily mean he or she is making any progress in finding it."

[This message has been edited by Frank Black (edited February 09, 2001).]

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I drink a lot Mountain Dew. And I mean a lot. I have heard, this is rumor mind you, that if you drink too much, it can cause you to become sterile.

I don't believe this myself, because I can't imagine, if there was even any remote proof of this, that Dew wouldn't be on the market anymore.

However, I have never seen any publication actually address this rumor, and being that I am the Dew consumer that I am, I was wondering if anyone knows of a website that has proved this rumor defunct? jamcracker?

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

8. Nomar

Nomar Member

Actually, even though Coke cant harm you or dissolve your teeth, it will disolve a nail if left long enough.

It doesnt have anything to do with the pH, i think its like molecule bonding and polarity.
    TRY IT!!!

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

9. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Whoops, should have checked out snope before I asked this question.

I found the link that I was looking for.

------------------
    Homer Simpson

[This message has been edited by RunninRaven (edited February 09, 2001).]

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's a pretty petty pet peeve.

------------------
    "Knickerbocker Please!"
    visit www.swirve.com, coming January 20th, the top 10 films of 2000!
    http://www.geocities.com/clutch34_2000 for great Rocket insight by some of your fellow BBS posters!

11. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Priority?

Precisely.

Sorry, Simpsons quote. [​IMG]

------------------
    Homer Simpson

12. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I very rarely drink sodas. I'm more of a water, snapple, and gatorade person.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

13. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

I stopped drinking sodas about 3 years ago. Now it's just water, juice, & tea at dinner. My roommates, on the other hand, are addicts. I really think they'd have a hard time trying to quit drinking soda if they cared to try.

------------------

14. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

A) I heard Mariah Carey said she'd like to be all skinny like those Ethiopian kids except for "all the flies and stuff". :p

B) Coke *is* a wonder product.

I poured one into my Japanese built Strat to get a chunkier, browner tone out of it.

I used a 2-gallon jug of it to dissolve the body of an all-too-persistant door-to-door Greenpeace solicitor.

I got rid of my gray hairs by dunking my head in a tub of Coke each night-- the hair fell out shortly thereafter.

Mostly though, I can't wait for the new Coke size to come out!

------------------
    If I ain't dead already, girl you know the reason why...

15. Steve_Francis_rules

It's all about pepsi. [​IMG]

------------------
    The whole world we travel with our thoughts,
    Finding nowhere anyone as precious as one's own self.
    Since each and every person is so precious to themselves
    Let the self-respecting harm no other being. -from the Samyutta Nikaya

16. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Thanks for the great link, Brian.

"I could urinate 2 liters for you right now."

That's pure, inspired genius. [​IMG]

------------------
    Homer Simpson

17. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Bart: Dad! Do I have to brush my teeth?

Homer: No, but at least gargle with some soda...

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

18. Nomar

Nomar Member

I believe im detecting some sarcasm from Jamcracker. may i ask if youve tried it??? cause i have.

anyway...
    DeanB, i thought as a fellow RedSox fan i should warn you that Snapple is pure crap. What it is is water, a ton of sugar, then a little flavoring.
    so your drinking sugar water basically. oh wait, thats what soda is too.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Coke tastes bad fyi

------------------
    May I have another Snowball Clutch? Please may I? Ill be a good little mole.... I promise.

20. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I drink about 100 oz of Mt. Dew every day.
    Oh well. [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller