1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many teams will TRY TO piss off Artest for their gain this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ready, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Ready

Ready Member

When and how often can we expect this?
    division lead games?
    the playoffs?
    the jazz, mavs?

2. Raven

Raven Member

All of them, especially in the playoffs.

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I want him to beat the **** out of Nowitzki and Kirilenko.

4. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

All will try to piss of Artest. Most will also try to injure Yao to get Artest to boil over and kill two birds with one stone.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Watching Artest getting hit with a technical for acting as a peacemaker reminded me of how fragile this team is. Our toughest player needs another player to protect him...from the officials.

6. Ready

Ready Member

perhaps shane battier..

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Good cop/bad cop!

8. Ready

Ready Member

exactly

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

You forgot Howard.

10. DOHCtah

DOHCtah Member

the jazz .. guranteed. especially that prick Boozer.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares?

This is Rocket's basketball,
    over 41 years of toughness.. this year being the 'return to toughness'
    Please piss off the Rockets

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TMonqfh69J4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TMonqfh69J4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hqy8eKg5bVs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hqy8eKg5bVs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xHTiy41f9U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xHTiy41f9U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. mjhaver5

mjhaver5 Member

I think many teams will try to piss of Ron Artest to screw up the "big 3" of the Rockets. Many players seem like they already have a grudge against him. Plus Artest is the rough type so that doesn't help. But I think its gonna be harder for the Jazz to be so aggressive against the Rockets.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Why are the new fans so soft?

Artest is rough, that's exactly why he was brought here.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IReMfvamQ28&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IReMfvamQ28&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. optimus

optimus Member

Well, the rockets just got to suck it up, taunting and dirty plays are part of the NBA. Everyone used to hack-a-shaq too. Get over it and take home the trophy.

15. optimus

optimus Member

exactly. a lot of fans on this board treat the rockets players like 80 year old ladies. These are +250 lb guys who beat up on each other day day in and day out. each one of them probably could kick 5 fanatics asses at the same time.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Exactly
    when was the last time a soft team won an NBA championship?

[​IMG]

Remember Dennis Rodman? That guy had a technical every time he stepped on the floor. Artest doesn't provoke the refs as bad as Rodman.

He won championships with Detroit (some people may not know this) and Chicago.

#16 tinman, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  17. Convictedstupid

Teams will try but I dont expect Artest to retaliate like he might have back in his first few years.

He is too mature now to do something too drastic I think. Whenever there is a potential scuffle on the floor, Artest is always the first or second guy trying to seperate them, meaning he knows this year is too important to let some silly suspension knock them out of winning the title.

I also believe he is too grateful to let anything happen for the same reasons mentioned above. He said the other day that he didnt think he would be back on a team on TNT ever again. Why let something petty like a couple of d-bags crying and using cheap shots to rain on the rocket parade?

Im somewhat fine with the tech he got the other night. It keeps his rep of being that guy, even though he didnt deserve a tech. And most other teams didnt see the play, they just know that he got a T in a potential fight.

This is definately our year. Artest will not blow up and screw up this team, if anything prohibits us, it will be injuries. And I dont even know if that would stop us.

Artest truly is this teams Savior.

18. conquistador#11

you need someone like ronaldo on your side to break some backbone.

>insert pic of frank lopez from scarface

19. Convictedstupid

But I would also like to add, this rockets team doesnt play that game. If you mess with us, be ready for us to be in your face about it. We will front you but I dont think we will be throwing any punches.

Atleast I hope not, because if ron gets a tech for seperating yao, there is no telling what they would do to him if he actually did something to deserve a tech.

20. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I think the exact opposite is true. NBA players do not really want to fight. They want to act tough and pretend they are hard even though they have mostly lived in Ivory towers.

They all know Artest is not playing though, he is not trying to get in a slap fight. He is trying to win.