1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

How many seasons of intentional losing ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Nov 15, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

You went from KPJ has “no effect” on the team to “very little”…..

Spare me.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, they said that about Jalen Green, hilarious as that seems today.

With Suggs, it was always said that he'd struggle due to not being a good shooter.

Or maybe you were listening to the wrong people. I was telling you that Suggs would struggle due to not being able to shoot and that Green had by far the highest bust potential.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In the context of you trying to blame the fact that Green is the worst player on the team on KPJ....

Every player who has struggled has some effect on the team's struggles, but no player has hurt the team more than Green.

4. dmoneybangbang

Pretty ironic that the #2 and #4 guards are looking the same. Suggs was supposed to be the most NBA ready.

I think they are both struggling with the physicality imposed by the new NBA rules while just being more raw than expected.

5. dmoneybangbang

No…. Suggs was billed as the NBA ready guard due to his intangibles and strength.

6. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Boys get draft picks through clever trades and stuff, real men EARN it.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, then maybe you were listening to the wrong people....

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think he is our BEST offensive player, but he is so TERRIBLE on D, just no effort, and his attitude when he doesn't get the ball is downright petty.

I love his skills, but he is NOT a leader, nor does he have leadership hold them accountable qualities...IMHO.

DD

9. dmoneybangbang

Im just telling you what the consensus was….

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, not among smart people it wasn't.

Perhaps there were some talking heads saying it.....the same kinds who were hyping up Jalen Green.

My own analysis and the analysis of people I trust never thought that a PG who can't shoot was "NBA ready", they always pointed out that he'd struggle till he learned how to shoot.

That's why I'm not surprised that he can't shoot, and that's why I'm not surprised that Jalen Green is struggling......I've pointed out all along that he wasn't even a net positive on the court to his G league team, so there's no way he'd be a net positive to an NBA team any time soon.

So maybe you should listen to better sources in future.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

@Clutch Do you see Tillman as being patient enough to see this through? Or will he start trying to bring in marginal players as our rookies flounder just to get some wins?

I don't see the Toyota Center getting full anytime soon, and we all know how cost conscious the Fertita's are.

DD

12. dmoneybangbang

I see you are struggling with the definition of “consensus”…..

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I see you struggle with "listening to the wrong people"

If a group of morons tells you that their interpretation is a "consensus", it doesn't mean that they are the people you should be listening to.

Now that we all see those group of morons were wrong, I'm suggesting you find different people to listen to in future.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

3 seasons of intentional losing, but we will have another 3 years of unintentional losing. We may end up losing some more after that both intentionally and unintentionally. More than half of the Franchises have had playoff droughts of 7 season or more during their history. The Kings haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol at the wrong people, such as yourself??

Just so easy to catch bobby in a LIE lmao

harold bingo and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love seeing reality set in for a lot of posters here. How many people were clamoring for a rebuild? This is what a rebuild looks like and it's ugly. James Harden, T-Mac, Yao....those players don't grow on trees and it may be a long time before we get another one.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not a lie. It was obvious Green wasn't NBA ready, and I thought Mobley would take longer to show enough on offense to be the ROY.

It was always going to be one of the top picks to win it, that's just how the NBA media works, so I thought Cade and Suggs would have the best shot. I clearly underestimated Mobley and Barnes.

18. dmoneybangbang

Still struggling with “consensus”…..

Do terms like “average”, “median”, and “mean” also equally confuse you?

19. dmoneybangbang

Lil Bobby went with his own “consensus”…. :cool:

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I went with the "consensus" among credible sources, I outright ignore those with no credibility.