1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how many of you are true rocket fans???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsball2003, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

I do enjoy watching other teams play and watch almost all game that I am able to watch (refer to earlier thread that I am from Malaysia... I have no choice of what game I want to watch)..... and that means only 2 games in a week....... it use to be like 3-4...but this season it is down to only 2...... freaking ESPN ASIA

the first thing I do when they announce the international telecast schedule, I will be scanning for Rockets game and for sure, make time to watch it.... sometimes even skipped class to watch (it is morning here when the game start).... of course I don't do that for other teams...... even when the ROcks are going through the 15 game losing streak, they showed one game and I skipped class to watch it also.... which of course, they end up losing.....

Rockets winning or losing seems to affect my day..... especially for me since I know the result from noon.... at least for Rockets-R-Us, u can just go to bed straight and wake up in the morning, everything will be back to normal.....

one thing here I must say. Thanks Codell and Rockhead for their PBP for almost every game, and for those other ppl that tried to cover the game for us when they are not around, thanks too (is it redd for the knicks game? and f4p did it last time also..... sorry for those others I can't remember.)

I guess I must be nuts sometimes when I force myself to wake up at 7 or 8am when it is a holiday to just follow nothing more but pbp...... diehard Rockets fan or not? u decide ;)

2. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

I have to admit, I became a fan back in 93 cuz they were winning back then, but it wasn't my fault! I was young, impressionable, had frequently visiting cousins from Houston, and lived nearby Houston anyways (in Austin). It was inevitable, but once I joined, I never even thought about quitting and became only a bigger and more hardcore fan as the years went by and the wins dropped off.

3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I only care whether the Rockets win or lose, I don't care how they win, I don't care how it looks. I rarely think about the future, I don't complain about it. When they win, I am happy. And I hope they win again next time. And if they don't, I'm sad/pissed. But by the next day I'm optimistic again. I don't get angry at a team for a friggin' whole season and hope that we trade this guy or fire another. I'm hardcore but passive. Which allows me to be happy about the Rockets most of the time, because yeah, it's only a hobby of mine. It's supposed to be fun.