1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Many of Us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ibm, May 10, 2009.

?

Do You Believe We Can Win This Series?

Poll closed May 13, 2009.
  1. Rockets in 6.

148 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Rockets in 7.

143 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. Lakers will win the series eventually.

131 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

People need to be believers... I know it's not realistic for us to win this series... but we have to BELIEVE. It's not being homer to pick Rockets in 6 or 7 even without Yao, it's called staying behind your team, without belief how can you call yourself a die-hard fan?

2. seanluu

seanluu Member

Rockets in 6 :) what kind of fan chooses the last option? c'mon....

3. somenobody

somenobody Member

It is way too early to say we are not playing the finals.

4. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

We play better defense without Yao.

Adelman is a better coach without Yao.

Ewing effect.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not voting. As I said before the game it aint over til its over.

We need to take this one game at a time.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I didn't want to lose 4 straight and I wanted another game in Houston. Both those goals are accomplished and now, as JVG says, "The Rockets are playing with house money." At least two more games. Anything can happen... and the good thing is, for me this series has gone from watching with anxiety to watching for fun. Let go Rockets!

7. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

Winning the series is irrelevant to me at this point. They have already exceeded my expectations. Blowing out a complete Laker team without Yao, TMac, and Deke with a poor shooting Ron Artest... man... I can't ask for anything more.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the Lakers take it in 6, but I'm proud of the way the Rockets battled in the two wins.

9. BattiersBaby

BattiersBaby Member

...6 or 7, but I *voted* in 6.

BattiersBaby.

10. jaychi

jaychi Member

Whether we win or lose in this series, I just HOPE no one will complain our efforts and courage that we displayed. We can complain about their individual play in their coming games but absolutely no one should complain about their championship HEARTS!

11. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

We got nothing to lose.

The key to beat the lakers is to make "the rapist" get frustrated with his team mates, by making them create bad plays or turn over. He'll break and so is his team.

12. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

If the Rockets keep playing like this. Hell ya!!!!

13. El Hitman

El Hitman Member

I made a bet with a Laker fan. If the Lakers won i was gonna shave L.A onto my head, if the Rockets won he was gonna get the Rockets logo on his head (a la Ron Artest). Well guess what...the b*stard lost. Whats worse is that he cant take it off, his hair has to grow back. So it's gonna be a couple of days maybe a week. AND he works at a machine shop where everyone there is a Rockets fan. I was laughing at him cause he couldn't believe how pathetic his Lakers were playing, and you know I was enjoying every second of it. I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow. :D

14. ibm

ibm Member

good for you. better than winning some money. :cool:

interesting voting so far.

and don't hack me. as the starter of this poll, i'd say the lakers in 7 (which will be an amazing feat for us) if i have to put money on the line.

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i can't believe you of all people would say that.

sorry but i just dont see the lakers beating us twice with the defense we played in today's game. they can beat us once, on their home floor, but i truly believe its going to go to 7 games and we'll win it on their floor at the end.

16. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

mathematically Lakers are supposed to win this series. Durvasa is a stat-driven guy so that's why he thinks that way.

the thing is, the heart of a champion cannot be quantified so that's what is making this series interesting... we got nothing to lose. our rockets are fighting. everyone is playing D with passion. Take it from what Luis said earlier. " I'm not scared of losing, i'm only scared of not playing well and hard.".

LUis is a winner.

17. corby

corby Contributing Member

As far as I'm concerned, the Rockets have already won the series.

The defining image of the Rockets is fielding a hopelessly undermanned team against the media darlings of the Western Conference. Out hustling, and out hearting them to a blowout victory.

The defining image of the Lakers is Kobe throwing a bully elbow against Shane Battier who was prone underneath him. Kobe was petulant that he was out-hustled for a loose ball, and dared the refs to call a foul. (didn't happen)

No, I take that back. The defining image of the Lakers is the sideline interview at the end of the first quarter. Phil Jackson sneered that a team that plays with that much emotion in the first quarter can't win because they won't have enough energy to play with the rest of the game. The Zen Master knew that playing a lifeless first quarter was the key to winning, because they could just turn it on in the fourth.

No matter which team plays in the Western Conference Finals, I know who the champions are.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've been making out like a bandit from a couple of friends of mine. What's your point?

19. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Yeah, but "Is it written?" I hope so. ;)

20. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

We can do this. One quarter at a time. Hard nosed, physical basketball the rest of the way. Aaron now free to run wild and you know what? I trust him. We're playing with absolutely NOTHING to lose. This is fun!!

AB baby!!