1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Many of Us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ibm, May 10, 2009.

?

Do You Believe We Can Win This Series?

Poll closed May 13, 2009.
  1. Rockets in 6.

148 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Rockets in 7.

143 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. Lakers will win the series eventually.

131 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. ibm

ibm Member

now believe we can truly win this series from now out? it's a 3-game series now.

i am kinda undecided myself. need to see how we play on tuesday.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

that's like saying you'll wait until the team is up 3-1 before you decide who's gonna win ...not very hard to predict

3. somenobody

somenobody Member

No matter we win or lose, we will walk out the court with head up after the series ends.

4. romain

romain Member

ROckets in 6.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The shorter the series the better for the underdog.

The Rockets have a chance even if, as they say in boxing, it's only a puncher's chance.

This is a really great time to be a Rocket fan despite the injuries. What these guys are doing is building confidence in themselves and each other the will carry over for the rest of their careers. No matter how this series ends or how the summer plays out this team is in a position to do more than just make some noise next season.

6. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Regardless of the ending. Rockets will not frowning and will not be crying unless they failed to give their all.

It's that simple. Luis Scola made it that simple today when he was asked about it.

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

this. Exactly.

8. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I think we have a good shot at it.

The basketball world doesn't realize that Houston is ****ing good!

I find it fascinating how everyone is talking about the Cavs and Nuggets making it look easy, but they fail to realize that the Mavs and Hawks aren't on the same level as the Rockets. If this was the Mavs or Hawks, LA would have finished it in 4.

The beauty of the rest of the series if going to be that the tables have now turned. Everything LA did in games 3 and 4 to take Yao out and make it hard on him, we can go to Gasol and Bynum.

I like how Chuck was coming around and ripping Gasol and how Scola was fronting Gasol and Bynum. Gasol's 30 points came in a meaningless 4th quarter were the Rockets relaxed on defense and didn't want to put the Lakers in the penalty. So those 30 points don't mean jack.

And LA is going to have trouble withe Brooks and Lowry combine. It will be interesting to see if they put Kobe on Brooks.

1 person likes this.
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If we get it to game seven. I will consider the rockets winners.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it doesn't matter what the outcome is. we showed the world once again the rockets don't play around. we come to play and play hard despite who wears the jersey.

however, what it does show is that the team should be EASILY the best team if it's healthy. and once again, health is the reason we're not playing in the finals :mad:

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

if we win this one, it has to the 6th game at home.

But at this point, I don't really care. We are the slumdog millionaire!

12. parmesh

parmesh Member

What the hell is up with everyone's addiction to starting a sentence in the subject, stopping midway, and finishing it in the first post of their new threads?!

13. landryfans

landryfans Member

How about change title to:

how many of us would bet MONEY on rockets Win This Series?

14. ibm

ibm Member

after tuesday, it's gonna be 3-2 no matter what.

15. ibm

ibm Member

no doubt about that.

i am just curious to see how this game 4 has changed (or not) fans' perceptions.

16. ibm

ibm Member

for how much? (i won some $$$ today, btw. nothing better than winning some green PLUS your team winning big. :cool: )

17. ibm

ibm Member

so true.

if it's for money, the nba should make first and 2nd round a one-game match to make exciting like ncaa. conf. finals and the finals, maybe a 3-game series.

18. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

Each of these last games can go either way it all depends on which team plays harder...
    I believe in this team......

19. bewy

bewy Member

I am donating another 100 bucks to cluthcfans if we win this series.

20. code_red

code_red Member

Love the effort! Never expected us to be tied 2-2 by the end of game 4. If you told me we'd be tied 2-2 at the end of game 4, with Yao playing injured in game 3 and Yao out of game 4, I'd think your nuts!

Regardless of how this series turns out, the Rockets can walk up with their heads held high. They are playing with house money now - and they're doing a pretty good job of it :D