1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many minutes will Jeremy Lin average off the bench?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Karolik, Oct 30, 2013.

Tags:
?

How many minutes will Lin average off the bench?

1. 30+ (6th man minutes)

60 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. 25-29 (first man off the bench)

81 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. 20-24 (what bev averaged last season)

32 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. less than 20 (McHale thinks Lin is a scrub)

26 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. hltiki

hltiki Member

I voted 20 because I think Lin is a scrub =)

jkjk

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Lin got the 34th most total minutes in the entire league last year. If McHale really hated him and would put his hate above winning this would not have been the case.

The only obvious thing is your and some of your fellow Lin fans complete lack of rationality when it comes to Jeremy Lin.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

25 minutes tops

anything more than that an i might kill myself

4. gene18

gene18 Rookie

You can take away Asik, or Parsons or Lin and this team will still win. Howard is magnificent in clogging up the middle and he also scores. Combined with Harden they are like Wade and James. That's one of the reasons Beverley is starting. His presence on the court does little to draw away the action from Harden and Howard. With Jeremy on the court Harden will get less usage and Dwight's would be skyhigh. The fourth best player in the NBA would not stand for that and either would Morey . Harden is currently the face of the Rockets and Dwights face will soon join him. All others are expendable, Lin in particular.

5. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

helps when you're healthy enough to play all 82 games. Only 5 starting PGs played 82 games last season.

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

If you are prone to commit suicide over this you do not belong on this board. You need professional help now.

7. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

25 minutes.

8. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I did not say he hated him. They obviously did not get along. Why would that not be the case. We did not have a credible PG besides Lin . Beverley did not emerge until late in the season. Remember Tony Douglas. Please, reflect on your own thinking before you denigrate others.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The list of people who belong on this list has gotten pretty long in the past couple days.

10. yummyhawtsauce

rofl.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It's obvious to obsessive Lin fans, but no one else. Nothing Lin has ever said has suggested that they didn't get along.

Lin fans equate one questionable remark and some sometimes erratic rotation decisions as them not getting along. A reach if I have ever seen one.

12. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

We only expect to have 3 guards in our rotation right? So if Harden plays 38 mpg, Bev plays around 30 mpg, that leaves about 28 mpg for Lin doesn't it?

I feel like I'm forgetting something or not thinking about this right for some reason though.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

still win what? i hope you don't mean a championship right now

14. autoprt

autoprt Member

wow never thought about this....actually lin is in a better situation, has nothing to lose now.

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I say he averages right on 25 minutes.

If he's making good plays and shooting well then he'll see more minutes, but he needs to iron out his linconsistencies to gain the trust of McHale.

16. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

23 minutes if the Rockets lead by single digits midway through the 4th quarter.

15 minutes if the first unit and the bench blows out the opposing team by 20 points by the end of the 3rd quarter.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

With only a 3 guard rotation he should theoretically get at the very least 25 minutes a night, and probably more like 30 in reality.

Also keep in mind since his minutes will be staggered more with Harden on the bench more of the time Lin is on the court, his usage should go up tremendously especially with the fact that the bench unit currently has 2 elite 3 point shooters as well to help with his assists and spacing to drive to the hoop.

All this meaning statistically, even without major improvement, Lin should actually put up better numbers even with slightly less minutes played.

Lin's usage will only go down if the Rockets perimeter defense struggles to where Brewer gets inserted into the rotation, and the Rockets then go with a 4 guard rotation, or Lin stinks it up and loses minutes to Brewer/Brooks.

18. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

25-29. He could get 30 if he plays really well, but if he is coming off the bench it might be hard to mix and match his minutes with the guys he works best with.

19. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Just looked up the minutes played by Lin. He averaged 32 min. per game. He was ranked as the 59th most total minutes,not the 34th.

The only obvious thing on some of your non-Lin fans is complete lack of knowledge and rationality when it comes to Jeremy Lin. You should remember that Mchale does not think that Lin displays the skills he wants in a point guard.. So he feels that by benching Lin he is not hurting the team. However, one can still like a person even if you thing they don't have the skill you are looking for. However, Mchale also dislikes Lin. Your thinking is a bit illogical if you think that you can't dislike or like a person and also feel that they lack the skills you are looking for.
    Mchale does not like Lin's style of play (he said so) and he and Lin don't get along. BTW animosity does not mean hate. It is usually used to denote dislike or contention. Hate is a very strong word.

20. gene18

gene18 Rookie

A subtantial number of games that will bring them to home court advantage in the playoffs. I hope it is now clear.