1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games will the Rockets win during the 2013-14 Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MojoMan, Oct 6, 2013.

?

How many Games will the Rockets win during the 2013-14 Season?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2013.
  1. 65 or more

16 vote(s)
    6.4%
  2. 60-64

32 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. 55-59

145 vote(s)
    58.0%
  4. 50-54

50 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. 45-49

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  6. 40-44

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 35-39

4 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. NotChandlerParsons

55, round up the Vegas win total.

2. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

54 wins, western conference finals, barring any major injuries to Harden/Howard.

3. gengar

gengar Member

56 games. Count on it.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I was thinking in terms of below expectations and exceeding expectations. Anything less than 54 wins would be disappointing. Anything more than 62 would be exceeding.

5. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I think between 50 - 54

I just don't want this team to be the 8th seed again come playoff time

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This team is really freaking good and should get out the gate quick. The guys are young but they want to be good, like the thunder a few years ago. I chose 55-59 wins which is probably the most realistic but I could see the rockets having the best record out west. The east is too weak for the heat to not have the best record in the entire league.

If you think about the team as a whole and who's going to be getting the major minutes you see that the rockets truly have about as complete a team as any in the league.

Starters
    Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Dmo
    Howard

Bench
    Asik
    Bev
    Tjones
    Garcia

That's the nine man rotation we should roll with all season you have depth at all positions with the bench having one top 10 player at his position (asik) and Beverly who could be a starter for a few teams in this league. A vet wing who's a pesky defender lights out spot up shooter from deep and a true team leader plus the young big man in jones who should provide scoring rebounding and energy on defense. He should come of the bench and be our Carl Landry. We need his offense more with the 2nd unit then the first.

Now the starters just fit like a glove, dmo and especially Lin are going to be very playing alongside the big 3 of harden Howard and parsons. For all Lin and dmos faults the one thing they both have in abundance is basketball IQ and unselfish nature excpecially Lin. They are both very good passers who I believe have embraced their roles on the team. They need to move the ball around and get it to the big 3 while being ready to hit the wide open looks they will surely get. This is the reason I think dmo should stay the starter because he's Avery good passers and understand the proper spacing of the offense. While I do think jones is the better player I think dmo just fits the first unit better. Jermey should really thrive in this role I expect his numbers to stay the same but his efficiency to go up as well as his defense.

The big three will be solid chandler will take the back seat to harden and Howard as he should but will have a very big role in defending lebrons and Durants of the nba. I expect harden to improve leaps and bounds he's going to see so many open looks and have the energy to close out games late and really get after it on defense. He's going to truly earn his superstar title and I expect him to be a true MVP candidate and first team all nba this yr. Howard is who he is the best big man in the word and it showed in the game last night. He was absolutely what the rockets needed on both sides of the ball. His presence was felt from the opening tip on defense it was eye popping the effects he had on this group of guys who were so bad last yr. on offense he's exactly what the rockets were lacking to be the most complete offense in the league. He dominated and showed why he's the best defender and post player in the world we lucked out 2 yrs in a row and got a true franchise changer dominated in Howard he does things only Lebron can do and that's what he really brings to this team.

Overall this team needs to contend and be in the finals this yr anything else is failure. The parts fit perfect and you won't find a more complete team top to bottom that the rockets with there 9 man rotation.

7. htownballa1622

Hi guys. First post. I've been reading a long time. Finally made an account. I went through every game and I estimated

We shall see.

8. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

48. Aces and spaces. . . Love some of the players on the bench, but I don't think they can compete as a unit. Starters look to be terrific, but are likely to be at a bit of a disadvantage early in the year in games in the west. Team is likely to be severely disrupted the month or so leading up to the trade deadline. On the other hand, we may well peak late and be very strong heading into the playoffs.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

And let's not forget that Omer Asik may be on the trading block.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

fifty seven games

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

55-59 seems about right if we mesh properly

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

After watching the game the other night, it only affirmed to me the notion that Morey will only trade Omer if he has a REALLY good reason to do so. Meaning a Omer trade would only be done if it is in theory upgrading the team.

I dont think Morey will make an OKC/Harden mistake this year where they take 75 cents on the dollar because they think they will lose that player in free agency later on. All reports from his interviews are that he's all in RIGHT NOW, and a trade isn't made unless the decision is highly educated enough to tell us that it will actually improve their win total.

13. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Throwing this out there since it's always fun to come back and look towards the end of the season.

55-27.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

54-28

1 person likes this.
  15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I voted 55-59 but on second thought, I think 52-54 is more likely. I expect the team to have a rough patch or two where they play .500 ball for a month or so.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

55-59, but closer to the 55 than the 59.

17. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Depends.

McHale seems borderline infatuated with the "Twin Tower" idea and so we'll have to see how that pans out. This first unit is set. Also as good as that unit now is it should only get better as DMo develops through preseason, gets more confident and starts hitting open shots.

Asik and Beverley anchoring the bench unit should be sweet, and then throw in TJones and Garcia to make it even sweeter. However I'm a bit worried about chemistry in that second unit. It looks like with the first unit McHale will have JLin run the point, however I think when JLin leaves the game you have to put the ball back in Harden's hands and let Bev play the 2. If that happens...watch out! 57 WINS

18. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Says who? Says no one.

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

52. And that's my idea of optimistic.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Between 50-59 games.