1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Many Games do The Rockets win in the 2024/25 season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jim1961, Apr 14, 2024.

?

How Many?

This poll will close on Jul 14, 2024 at 12:08 PM.
  1. 30-34

2. 35-39

3. 40-42

4. 43-45

5. 46-48

6. 49-51

7. 52+

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

How Many?

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Should shoot for 50 wins.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

They are definitely pushing 50 next year.

Slim likes this.
  5. a time to chill

Playoffs or tear it down

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm voting 51
    but
    I expect more.

Looking at this season . . . only like 6 or 7 team won more than 51 games
    So . . . I should temper my expectations

HOW-EV-VAH We possibly . . IMO . . .could have easily made 50 if we didn't have injuries this year

Rocket River
    **** Eyed Optometrist . .er. . . . Optimist

7. Holybats

Holybats Member

8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm tempering my expectations. I think we probably still need one more year before we're a legit force, with big questions from next year. We know Sengun's good, does Green put it together for a full year? Does Bari have a 3rd year breakout? Amen and Cam in year 2 still means the same sort of growing pains as the rest I'm sure, and we need to see Tari back and hopefully he won't have missed a beat. I think Brooks starts to lose his spot throughout next year, FVV probably carries a lot less of the load and hopefully Jalen breaks out fully. We'll need to make moves probably, but I think we either make the playoffs and get bumped first round, or make the play in then the playoffs then get bumped first round. Year after next, barring injuries and with most of our players hitting their development, then we'll be a contender.

topfive likes this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Depends on the circumstances. If they stand pat, I’d expect them to win 46 - 48 games. However, if they make major moves, the sky’s the limit. So I split the baby and guessed 49 - 51.

Strawberry Gum and theDude like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I give your poll a max extension to December 2024.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

There are at least a handful of games we should have won this year, eg Utah. So I think 51 isn’t out of the question. If Jalen improves even marginally and we have a healthy Tari and Sengun + improvements from the already impressive Cam and Amen — this team is cookin’. Shooting is a big need but we shouldn’t sacrifice that need with any defense. We need a team of dawgs that buy into the identity of the team — defense and hustle.

I’m going with 82. But will settle for 51.

Losmi_34 likes this.
  12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think we had 5 of these threads for 2023-24. We’re making a good start to 2024-25 to break that record!

across110thstreet and topfive like this.
  13. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

F it, I voted 52+.

This team was so much better than expected earlier in the season, and if We had a bit more injury luck, We could've gone to 45+ wins. Our defense is real, and Ime did a great job overall (save for the challenges).

Alpi showed his class and All-Star caliber, Amen and Cam had good rookie seasons, Jabari and Tari showed growth, especially Tari. Shame he never really was healthy this season. Fred Was a great signing, Brooks looked insane early but fell hard later (but still a +), Jeff and especially Holiday were also great additions and I'm surprised how good Aaron looked off the bench.

Another summer of practice and development will make them better for next season, and I fully expect them to be in the top 6 in the West.

The wild card is Jalen. This season he had extreme highs and even worse lows, and after watching him closely all year, it's clearly a mental issue. In some games he looks like he doesn't belong on the floor, and in others like a prime superstar. I was one of his biggest supporters, but he was objectively bad for most of the season. It was frustrating to see him miss open shot after open shot, not move properly and drive without force, and I truly thought he would flame out completely by April. But then March happened, and he was spectacular. He showed in the OKC game what he's capable of and what he can become. So he clearly has all the talent to be a star, but his mindset is holding him back.

If he translates his last month's play into next season, We're a problem. Hopefully something clicked in him, and We'll be having a fun next year watching our guys run through the league.

14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I need to see what happens after the offseason and draft then I'll vote, but excited and looking forward to seeing the team continue to grow.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

smart move, if we were to trade Sengun for someone like James Harden, well, there's no way of calculating the impact of such a move ahead of time

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Alp lives rent free in a high rise condo in your mind

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

doesn't he live there for everyone???

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Has to pay for others.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Became an obsession for you my dude.

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I can only infer you're not thinking about Alpi 24/7, 365 a year. So . . . reported.

cmoak1982 likes this.