1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

How many field goals will Kobe take in his final game? (Reps for whoever guess right)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jayhow92, Apr 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No offense, but Kobe skips the line.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

no 100 attempts ? I am disappoint. crazy tho

3. Asian Sensation

Quit trying to discredit Kobe by comparing him to the Rockets GOAT when your argument is dumb.

In case you didn't know Hakeem played Center. They tend to take shots closer to the hoop. When you take shots closer to the hoop they tend to be easier shots. When you take easier shots your field goal percentages usually end up being higher. You can read that one in Taurean Prince's voice.

Also, Hakeem was like 34 or recently turned 35 in that game. Kobe did what he did in his final game at age 37.

I'm no Kobe apologist and I hate to feel like I'm defending him because as I stated I hated him his whole career but his performance was legendary and his resume speaks for itself. like I said....He has a case to be 2nd GOAT.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

1 person likes this.
  5. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

6. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Amusing microcosm of Kobe's career: If you shoot 60% of your team's shots, you will be hailed as a legendary scorer regardless of efficiency.

It's a cool way to go out, though. I wouldn't have played it any differently if I was him, his teammates, or maybe even his opponents.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  8. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Since when is 1.2 points per FGA inefficient? You people are ridiculous.

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

some people just like to complain. it was his last game in his legendary 20 year career. he brought 5 championships to the franchise and he wanted to go out with guns blazing like how he should. it was a meaningless game for everyone so they pushed him to keep shooting. I don't know what you saw but it wasn't an all star game defense. there was some pressure and they did try to deny him. he just made some incredible clutch shots to overcome the lead the Jazz had late in the final couple of minutes. amazing performance by Kobe.

11. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Not even hating on the guy for shooting that much, who was he supposed to pass it to? Roy hibbert?? Lol. What a way to leave .

12. Victorious

Victorious Member

The Warriors just had the best regular season ever and its being overshadowed by a one man all star game, SMH. Nobody is taking anything away from Kobe's career but lets be real here. He took 50 shots. 21 were 3s and only made 6. One miss away from setting the record for most missed 3s in a game. The Jazz were not playing for anything and the Lakers still needed 60pts from Kobe to barely win LOL. Its equivalent to an NFL team laying back and letting Peyton Manning throw whatever he wants. Or Andre Berto or Tim Bradley letting Mayweather or Pacquiao tee off on them for 12rds.

And Lets not forget how bad the lakers were this year. Kobe had an amazing career but last night was nothing more than a showcase game where Kobe got to do whatever he wanted. He went out like he came in, shooting.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I'm just glad the circus is over and the dynasty of Fakers sucking for soooooo many years is going to be awesome to watch.

1 person likes this.
  14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

1.1 points per possession is roughly league standard. Counting his trips to the line and turnovers, he put up 1.03. "Points per FGA" is not a particularly useful stat.

I don't begrudge him, though, I'd be firing as many shots as possible in my last game too if my teammates let me and it's actually hard to maintain even average efficiency at such high volume - 60 points was a legit achievement.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

How many times did Kobe kiss his daughters?

How many scrubs averaging 5 points per game did Kobe hug?

Reppin the correct answers.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What is this wizardry. First you call the Rockets staying calm, then you call them being .500, and then you call them being 8th seed, all correct.

Now you call kobe's exact FGA in his last game? :eek:

Who are you?

1 person likes this.
  18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Kobe's last game in a long 20 year career. What did you expect him to do, play nonchalantly and just go through the motions? Pointing out his efficiency or FGA attempts is kind of pointless when clearly his teammates, the crowd, etc wanted him to shoot as many shots as possible.

The game last night has nothing to do with how bad the Lakers were this season or if the game is meaningful to the Jazz. The game was for Kobe and for the fans last night.

19. Victorious

Victorious Member

im not knocking him for shooting a lot or playing like he did. i'm just saying i didn't think it so amazing omg! like you said, it was a game scripted for kobe. he got to do whatever he wanted with little in his way. i don't have to love the performance because espn and social media says so.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Congrats on a great career - father time is still undefeated.

DD