1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. AggieRocketFan96

Born in Houston, attended basketball camp in junior high school taught by Reid Gettys from Phi Slamma Jamma at Second Baptist Church, moved to Austin.

While growing up in Austin in the pre-cable days, I used to tune my little AM radio to KTRH 740AM listening to Gene Peterson and Jim Foley call the games. I remember listening intently to the likes of Ralph Sampson, Lew Lloyd, Mitch Wiggins, Robert Reid, Rodney McCray, Jim Peterson, Alan Levell, Sleepy Floyd, Purvis Short and his rainbow jumpers, World B. Free, Larry Smith, Hakeem, Otis Thorpe, Mad Max, Kenny Smith, and the rest of the championship players.

Was in Aggieland during the Rockets championship years, watching all games in various bars in College Station--everybody was going crazy!

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow i literally havent seen this page in 6-7 years but here you go Tree

the rocket lounge

3. BrooksToTheHoop

I was born in Houston, but have lived in Florida my whole life pretty much. I have been a Rockets fan my whole life because all of my brothers are Rockets fans so I just got into them when i was old enough to pay attention to sports.

4. ARK

ARK Member

I've been a ROX's FAN since YAO came to HOUSTON 2002

From China and 18years old...

5. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Nice, that is one of my favorite pictures you used.

6. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

From Pakistan but live in Houston. 16yrs old and been a diehard fan since Francis came to Houston. Still used to watch basketball before then but didnt get that much into it till i grew old enough. lol. I'm mostly a lurker due to me being busy most of the time but I'm a very very BIG fan of the Rockets. My life is very much consisted of the Rockets all the time. Hopefully, I will get some time to post more on his board. This is my favorite site overall and I enjoy all the input u guys have on this site.

7. rfila

rfila Member

Originally from China, now in LA. Yao fan, Rockets fan, LAkers fan.
    Other than Denver, those Taxas cities are the only top 30 US cities I have never been. Hope one day I will watch Rockets game in Houston(I do have a life long friend living in Houston).

8. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Sorry Sir, you have to take your stance. Which team do you root for, if Rockets play against Spurs?

Mind you "Member" status ain't easy to maintain. ;)

From Hong Kong. Follow Rockets closely since I joined this bbs. Yao's the reason obviously.

9. donnychou

donnychou Member

I am from china and like Rox since Yao's coming here!

10. ExtremeHolly

ExtremeHolly Rookie

Seattle/Scottsdale

I'm a p*rn star and a Rockets fan. I wonder if 6'6 + players have gigantic ....?

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Came from Pakistan to the US(Houston) during the Championship days and fell in love with the city. I'm currently in Missouri.

12. donnychou

donnychou Member

Have a show! :p

13. eight-degree

eight-degree Member

I come from China. I love and support Yao Ming ,so I have been a Rockets fan since Yao Ming was chosen by Houston Rokects.

I watch NBA just for Rockets. I watch Rockets just for Yao Ming.
    Come on,Yao Ming. :cool:

14. MONON

MONON Member

Just the opposite of kkolish. Raised in an Indiana cornfield. Graduated from Purdue. Moved to Houston in 74 and looked for the nearest basketball team I could find. It was the Rockets. Been a Rockets fan ever since. Been to every Rockets game(I could get free tickets to) since then. Retired in 06 and moved to Kerrville(Spurs country). My brother & I still own 50 acres of prime Indiana cornfield. However our cousins tell us our 50 acres are the ones under water. My wife & I go back each year to check on it in July & August. They usually drain it before I get there.

We'll be in the Lafayette & South Bend areas and would like to have a cup or brew with any Rockets fans in the suuuurounding areas. Drop us an email & we'll get back with you to set it up.

15. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

So where do all the Clutchfans members go to watch the game and socialize? I'm very eager to go out and meet all of you guys!

16. scola4president

Always been a rockets fan, im 24 and live in corpus christi. I grew up close to San Antonio but all my family was in Houston so I spent plenty of time there watching the oilers and rockets with them. Been coming to this board for about the past year, and just finally got a membership several weeks ago.
    Watch all the games on league pass(great investment 4 a true fan outside oof houston)

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I'm from Detroit and I've been a Rockets fan since 1999.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Pakistan Zindabad!

What part of Pakistan?

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We all watch the games in various places... what town do you reside in?

20. cujo

cujo Member

I immigrated to Texas when i was 5 and have been Rockets fan since the late 80's.