1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. R-Jay

R-Jay Member

im a fan from "Bacolod Lanao del Norte, Mindanao Philippines". I am a huge fan since 2004, the signing of tmac to houston.

Im a team fan now, as i realize that this is a team game.. I totally support this team and have been on this site since 2005 but have registered just this year.

I've been with the ups and downs of the team.. I also felt the pain when they lost to dallas and utah during playoffs. I also shared the pain when our players are injured.

I still believe on this team..

I always check on this site whenever I am in different net cafe in my place..

God Bless you all

2. Arnibicus

Arnibicus Member

born in austin, moved some places then finally to houston from 3rd grade when the rockets won their second championship. i've bled red ever since (techincally i always have :D )

3. LG7

LG7 Member

im a shanghainese, came to states at age 17, livign in va as well...

been rockets fans since yao joined team, but im a ture rockets fan, not just because of yao... i think even yao got traded in the future, i will still be a rockets fan..

go rockets..

4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

i'm from Washington, DC and i've been a fan since tha lockout season.

I'm 21.

5. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Been a Rocket fan since 1980 ! Watched them play against Boston in the finals the first time. I became a die hard fan in 1986 when my parents bought a 1,000 ft sattelite dish that picked up all the Rockets games for free on a station called HSE (Home Sports Entertainment ) does anyone remember that station that later was bought out by Fox :)

6. jaychi

jaychi Member

hi chaosad, R-Jay

hope we can create a pinoy rockets website. Maybe we can also watch Rockets game together. Go Rox!!!

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

leebigez,

I like how you represent us Rocket fans on Sirius radio. keep up the good work!

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im from México (read my sig) and I've been fan of this great team, since 1993
    (beginning)

9. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

Tell me about it. I moved to Houston in 82 and bought season tickets. It was painful, but I think the tickets were only about $17 back then, and I was 6 rows behind the Rockets bench ....

But things got better in a hurry!

10. li1234

li1234 Member

I am from china and study in US now. I become a rocket fan after Yao. now I watch every game no matter yao in or out. it is really fun and enjoyable.

11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I started being a Rockets fan in 2001, then started getting crazy with this and spending a big amount of money every season on the Rockets...i wasn't born here, i am from Hong Kong, came here 4th grade....amazingly, i didnt watch any basketball before 2001...i didnt even know who michael jordan was....but after 7 years, i know most things

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

1980, from Kemah. First game I attended was in '80 when I was 6 years old. Been bleeding rocket red ever since.

13. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Lets see it

14. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Moved here in 1989 from Cleveland Ohio - got over the Cavs quickly. I was here for the two championships. :D

15. tsunami

tsunami Member

I am from the southern hemisphere of the moon. 875 years old.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

see what the page?

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Would Najera coming to the Rox be significant to you?

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

20 years old, from the Philippines, but studying in Vancouver. Rockets fan since T-Mac came...I know I know, pretty lame. But I've grown to love them as a team, and not just because of T-Mac. In fact, I'm happier now with Mac getting less ppg and the Rockets winning more consistently than last year when he was in the MVP debate.

Cool thread, btw!

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Those were salad days in Cleavesburg with Price, Daugherty, Nance, Ehlo et al. I had a great regard for that team.

20. arthur2010

arthur2010 Member

been a rox fan since the first eye i saw dream plays. dream is still my favorite C.
    living in shanghai now but born in a small city of middle china.