1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

i'm almost 26 and from germany.

i found out about basketball around 1993 when germany just won the european championships, a great player named michael jordan retired for the first time and we played basketball in school.

it was the time when basketball was really popular here and a lot of games were broadcasted in free tv. so i started watching nba basketball in 1994, the year the rockets played the knicks in the finals. the first time i saw hakeem i was so impressed by his game that i became a fan of him and the rockets.

now, after all these years, i'm probably still one of the biggest rockets fans of germany. i stay up until 4 to 5 a.m. to watch my rockets on a regular basis.

since about 2000 i co-run germany's biggest basketball website crossover-online.de.

2. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

born and raised in houston, been a fan since 92

3. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

Live in Chicago, I've watched basketball pretty much all my life and been a big fan of it since the MJ days. Became a rockets fan in 2005. Now it's hard for me to root for any other team just cause I'm now a diehard fan of the Rockets.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am honored, i think being an out-of-town rockets fan made me even more passionate about the team since when i was a kid I would have to search out any bit of information via newspaper, tv, magazine about the rockets its not as easy as it is now with the internet.

5. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Since 99 when I came from Cuba, back there I didn't have a preference, other than the superstars like Bird, Magic, Jordan, Dream, Barkley etc.

6. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

grew up in htown. went to westbury.

though a lifelong fan, i've been a true fan since the 91-92 season, when the rockets were on their way up.

i live in utah now. and being a rockets fan in enemy territory is really a cool experience.

you houstonians are missing out on alot of verbal jabbing. it's fun to be a rockets fan and still be a fan of the whole league too.

#106 txppratt, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Born and raised in H-Town...Life long Houston Rockets fan...I've been watching since the mid-1980s.

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

my first favote rocktes player was sleepy floyd....so around 91-92

9. chaosad

chaosad Contributing Member

born in the Philippines 85 moved to GA in 2005.. well as a filipino im a basketball fanatic, i really dont have a favorite team back then but i loved following the games of tmac, garnett, carter, AI etc.. made the rox my team in 04 when tmac joined the team, back then i really taught they where the team to beat but dallas messed it up :mad: but i still believe :cool:

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Used to know a couple of Scotland nat'l team members - including an American (who qualified). Always have loved Scotland.

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Grew up in Channelview, TX. in the 1970's...been a fan since the Calvin and Rudy T. days.

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Grew up here in Houston and been a Rockets fan since 87.

13. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Since '76... raised watching KPRC, KHOU, KTRK, KRIV, Channel 39 and "20 Vision"...

Now scraping up every opportunity through national TV games, matchups vs. Dallas and SIRIUS radio (man, I'm gonna miss Gene & Jim :( ).

14. Trini Rocket

Trini Rocket Member

I'm from Trinidad. I got onboard in 04. It seems like I'm the only one representing the Caribbean. :)

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I've been a Rox fan since ere Brooksie was born. I have retained and actually enhanced my Roxedness while moving across the country and internationally. Currently living in the shadow of Sammy's, my fav ex-Rock, newest location.

16. jaychi

jaychi Member

hi bratna8, chaosad,

I am from Quezon City, Philippines. Been a fan since 1994

17. MB20

MB20 Member

A 34 years old argentine here. But not a Rockets fan...sorry. That's why I'm mostly a lurker.
    I sympathize with teams where my fellow countrymen play.

18. Shehzad23

Shehzad23 Member

I am 29 from Pakistan, moved here in 1996 and been a Rockets Fan since then.

19. donny

donny Member

XI'AN from China.
    Be a Rockets' fan when Yao was picked by Houston. :D

20. chaosad

chaosad Contributing Member

Woot!! nice too see pinoys here in bbs :)