1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Grew up in China (Hebei to be specific) and came to the States in '97. I was fortunate enough to catch the likes of MJ (and his shot over Russell), Hakeem, and Reggie before they retired. Remember seeing the 3pt dagger by Stockton with 2.2 left to win the series vs. Houston, but I wasn't anywhere nearly as emotionally attached to the Rockets as I am now.

Moved to Houston in '99 and been a Rockets fan since, not really the best time to be a Rockets fan when we had players like Michael Dickerson, Othella Harrington, Bryce Drew, Kenny Thomas, Sam Mack etc etc. (some as STARTERS in this league... :eek: ). Followed the Rockets via the legendary voices of Gene Peterson and Jim Foley. Not a Y.O.F. since I became a fan before he got here ;)

2. sphynx

sphynx Member

I am in Hangzhou,China...became Rockets fan since 2002 as Yao got draft...almost 6 years passed,I still wait for Rockets and Yao' success...I will be a Rockets fan all my life and take pride in it,especially recent 20 win in row,unbelieveable!

3. Sarajevo 84

Sarajevo 84 New Member

Hello yall I'm from Sarajevo, Bosnia. I've been a Rockets fan since season 1993/1994 primarly because of Olajuwon. I used to watch highlights from the NBA finals that year, but because of the war i was not able to watch them regularly. Unfortunately our tv stations show only one NBA game per week and there was only one Houston game this season. But thanks to this forum (thanks demon:)), i am able to watch every single game (ok not every:)) despite the fact every game costs me a lot of money. Damn you net providers...

Go Houston, this year NBA Ring is ours :D

4. kturner77

kturner77 Member

cool! I went to Spring Branch Elementary... small world!

5. kturner77

kturner77 Member

Thank you so much! I admire you for making the time to spend with your fater... blessings to you all!

6. medsar

medsar New Member

Rockets fan since 1980 when my little league team was also called the Rockets. Hakeem fan since phi slamma jamma days. Cried when UH lost to NC state. I was a student at Rice during the championship years, and I saw a few games at the Summit back then.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I went to SBranch Elm too :) ... Raised in Houston been a fan since about 1980 and I'm as proud of this team as any other squads I loved so much in the past.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I was born in houston raised in NY. Didn't get into basketball til middleschool when I played in ny parks. So i've been a fan since 92' 93.