1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long do you wait for a girl to respond to a text message before you give up?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Feb 7, 2012.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So I ask this girl out through the phone (like a man) but she says she is busy so we reschedule it but says yes, says next time just text her. So I do and she has yet to respond. It's been two hours now.

Do I still have to wait 24 hours at least or what?

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

that b*tch!!! who does she think she is? j/k...

2 hours is nothing, but i would imagine she needs at least a days heads up...don't blow up her phone wanting an answer...text her tomorrow...

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

she did have a days heads up, in fact she suggested today when I talked to her on the phone...

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Two hours ain't a long time, maybe she takin a ****.
    Wait some more hours man. 24 hours is too much though, she should reply within ~8h in my opinion, if not she's obviously not interested.

1 person likes this.
  5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Persistence is the key. Give her a call, but don't pull a Mike.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u0PUrNwvvBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

give up now then if she responds consider it bonus. definitely do not call or text her again. people rarely check a text then save it for a response later like email. if it comes up later and she asks why you didn't text or call more tell her you figured she was busy and you called someone else. a "friend"

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wait a week or two then try again.

Then if no response bang other chicks

1 person likes this.
  8. what

what Member

The fact that she said yes is an indicator that she likes you. There are various reasons why she might not respond. She could just not be ready to go on a date with you. If that is the case, just let it go. She probably isn't comfortable with a date with you right now.

if you don't do anything stupid I imagine eventually she will go out with you. The main thing is not to seem eager, and by all means DO NOT KEEP ASKING HER. If she cancels this time, just say something like okay maybe some other time and leave it at that.

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

2 hours isn't enough time. Don't text or call her back yet. You don't want to come across pushy or needy. You probably already know this....

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

idk bro, maybe she was just scared of rejecting me on the phone so she instead came up with a way to ignore me w/o having to say or do anything by SPECIFICALLY telling me to text her and not call?

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Give me her number and I'll check it out for you.

12. what

what Member

not likely. girls don't agree to go out with you because they want to LET US DOWN EASY. That just don't happen. Think about it.

13. Bandwagoner

sure they do, happens all the time.

"sure of course i will go out with you, tonight? uhh no I am busy tonight but some other time OK? just text me so I don't need to think of an excuse on the phone, or I can just ignore it."

all my opinion but I think you might still have a chance depending on how you proceed. being pushy or desperate is not the way lol

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

You texted her once. Dont do it again until she responds. If she doesn't respond, move on.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Where is your confidence man? Chicks smell that weakness like a shark smells blood in the water. It's a stink, get rid of it. Call her tomorrow... say, hey, I have reservations for Saturday night, what time should I pick you up? Don't let her play with your mind. Be a man, be assertive and get it done.

16. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Baby you're so money and you don't even know it!

17. Bandwagoner

I don't think that is confidence. I don't have a problem with your suggestion but moving on isn't a lack of confidence.

18. what

what Member

I think you leaving opportunities on the table bro. you actually got her phone number and STILL didn't get the date. You must be asking her every weekend or something.

i've never heard of a girl giving out her REAL phone number to a guy to let them down easy. It's all the way you approach the opportunity.

19. Bandwagoner

my approach is totally different, I would have never left it at "text me later" I don't see a need for that, seems weird and awkward. What will change later? If she is actually busy the night I suggested, find another time. If no time can be found ("I am just really busy these days"), move on emotionally but still chat it up and stay in contact and see if it progresses.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'll be the realist. you got shot down. if a girl is interested she's not going to give the "i'm busy" excuse, she's going to do as much as she can to go on that date. she asking you to text her is her way of telling you "no", without telling you "no". she didn't want to hurt your feelings, so she's just going to ignore you. women look at their phones 5 times a minute. she's avoiding you.