1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long are you giving Ed Reed...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Grinds, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's clearly out there trying to protect his body. Absolutely no urgency to crash to the ball, no ability to close on WRs, and no ball-hawking whatsoever. The next play he makes on the ball will be the first all season. If he's still injured, then he needs to be in street clothes. I'm tired of him spouting off about leadership, and constantly talking about how things were done in Baltimore. Guess what, Ed? The Ravens let you walk for a reason, and we're now paying the price. I'm so disappointed in his play so far.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I'm not disappointed, I'M EMBARRASSED!

To think that he swindled the majority, if not the vast majority of Texans fans into thinking that he was going to be an upgrade over Glover Quinn and finally help us get over the hump and into a Superbowl is an understatement! I'm even more embarrassed in knowing that he is making complete fools of Smith/Kubiak/McNair, the people who are supposed to be smart enough not to get fooled by such Jedi mind-tricks! I know the collapse of the Texans doesn't lie solely on one individual, but he hasn't done anything to prove that he was a step in the right direction.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They got him for the playoffs.

4. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

This.

I was at both the Seattle and St. Louis games, and spent a fair amount of time watching him. He is definitely not eager to make any contact. One play in particular stuck out. Rams 2nd and short around mid-field. He lines up 15 yards off the line of scrimmage (which was typical), started backpedaling when the QB started his count, was 20 yards deep at the snap, the play was a dive into the line in which no Ram ever got more than a few yards off the line of scrimmage, and Reed had backpedaled to 25 yards deep when the whistle blew. He never took a step towards the play. :eek: :mad: :mad:

5. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Another mistake by Smith. Smith is average at best and i'm being kind.

All the veterans he's missed on (aside from one productive season from Jj0) and the poor cap management...I say fire him. Bring in a new GM and let him hire a coach.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Shiloh freaking Keo is an upgrade over Reed. That just sucks.

I want Glover back. :(

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

But Reed brings championship experience and leadership!

8. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

apparently honey badger is killing it in Arizona. SI did an article on him this week

9. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Is he a safety?

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

11. BleedsRocketRed

Reading your post just makes me angry. Those are some troubling facts there and boy did we make the wrong choice... Ouch

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I said then this team would regret letting Quin walk. He was impactful last season, and he still had room for improvement.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Unless Reed smokes cigars, he'll probably be back next year.

14. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

The Texans should have never signed Reed. I don't care how "low risk" the signing was.

Ed Reed should have retired after last season. The guy is too banged up, old and therefore done.

And yes, the Texans should have made more of an effort to try and keep Quin.

15. NotChandlerParsons

We won't be needing him then.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Off to the glue factory for Reed.

He's one of quite a few cuts necessary for next season, Texans are gonna have to eat a lot of Salary next season to get their house back in order for 2015.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

It seems to be (at least based on this past game), I think we should be more concerned about the Offensive line. The D is holding up, but we will see if this supposed weakness will be exposed with Cushing out.

18. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Would've repped but the improper use of bolded was too much for me to bear.

19. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

in my mind...he's had enough time..

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

3 games behind the colts..... Tank mode..