1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Les' obsession with Yao Ming and money will destroy this franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Dec 22, 2010.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

History

In the past 8 years, we have seen a transition in Les Alexander. You see, Les was never about money before Yao. He may have been a multi-millionaire with enough money buy a NBA team. He may have asked repeatedly for a new stadium built or move the team to Memphis. But he wasn't about the money.

But ever since Yao, everything Les has done is about the money. You see, Les could've built a championship roster. But he cared about money. So instead of drafting Dick Vitale's favorite Jay Williams, or the next Larry Bird in Mike Dunleavy, Les drafted some skinny Chinese kid.

But that wasn't the end of it. Instead of trading Yao after his 3rd year. That year the only thing Yao did was go 18/8 on 55% shooting, clogged the middle of a top 5 defense, and never got injured in those 3 years. Les then did the impossible. He gave Yao an extension. That was simply stupid. Who gives extensions to players like that? You get rid of those players instead, of course. No championship team can make room for such a player. But Les saw money and refuse to let logic get in the way. And the Rockets has not won a championship since.

Now and the future

Of course, Les hasn't learned from his mistake. He still does not realize that the only thing that's coming between the Rockets and the championship is Yao Ming. He wants to extend Yao "at the right price". Obviously, Les doesn't realize what this means.

By extending Yao, the Rockets will yet again miss their opportunity. Yao will take up capspace. Capspace that will prevent the likes of Melo to come here for half of what he'd make in NJ. Capspace that may or may not prevent us from giving CP3the same amount that he'd get in New York or NJ in 2 years. We don't know. But we do know that if we do not get Melo or CP3 or DWill, it will be Yao and his Chinese money's fault. For he has prevented us from getting better.

Please wake up Les. Please understand that if only we let Yao go, the Rockets will truly shine again. Superstars from all over the country will gather, and we will once again become Clutch City.

But it all starts with getting rid of Yao...

2 people like this.
  2. Pringles

Pringles Member

Is this sarcasm?

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

--meh-- --yawn--

1 person likes this.
  4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Well played sir, well played.

Unless Les signs him for some stupid money, which I doubt, then it's okay to keep him on the payroll. He won't be back for quite a while and the team has already begun to go a different direction so his return won't imapct the team in a negative sense.

5. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

do you think all NBA players are about championships?

I know at least Yao is.

From Les' prospective, why not extend Yao, Why not take a chance on a skinny asian kid? He has something that people cant teach, he has size, consistent shot, a good Ft% and he is a traditional big. Centers are hard to come by in the league.

6. joesr

joesr Member

I know I dont care about my money when I buy into a business!

1 person likes this.
  7. Outlier

Outlier Member

This is the dumbest post I've ever read in the history of Clutchfans.

Questioning the move of extending Yao in his third year? He was already one of the top C's in the game.

Stupid.

8. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Umm..he's sarcastic man. Atleast thats the vibe Im getting >_>

9. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i hope so

10. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

[​IMG]

In before somebody makes a Les is jewish comment.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The more I think about it, I do see some actual loyalty to Yao himself. He's a class act. Tough to cut him free, or see him sign elsewhere, especially if there is that chance, albeit not a strong one, that he'll return to form.

In the meantime, the team will move on and build the team that Adelman can coach to success, while he keeps putting pins in his Yao voodoo doll: "Don't come back!" (Sticks in one more pin in the doll's ankle; somewhere across the miles, Yao grabs that extremity and yelps in pain.) Adelman continues, "24 minutes a game? Whoever heard of such a thing?" (Sticks another pin.) "That should do it."

But make no mistake, if Yao comes back to play at all, and is any good, the international profile he gives the team is not exactly negligible. (i.e., imagine the sound of cash registers)

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Dumb Ass Thread

13. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

is this a joke?

or this guy just wakes up after 2002 draft night?

14. MandM's

MandM's Member

Mike Dunleavy...the next Larry Bird. You should be caned for even connecting those two people together.

Jay Williams....his love of motorcycles ruined his career before it started.

We were much better off with Yao. He was a beast for a time there

15. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Terrible thread.

16. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

all right, you got me... i read the whole thread

at least, you spent some times to write the whole stupid ..

17. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Good god, the replies prior to this point are absolutely stupid.

The only people that have an excuse are those that may not speak English as their first language.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

19. lastreg

lastreg Member

not a joker, but a hater.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Didn't expect this out of you. Don't you always criticize the management? Wouldn't you rejoice if the Rockets get rid of Yao? :confused: