1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How is the lawn seating at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by robbie380, Aug 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm gonna go see the Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden show down there since I screwed up and misssed it in Austin. Only tickets I can find left online are in section 105 and 106 so I am thinking about just doing the lawn. The reviews are all over the place online for the lawn seating and the venue in general. Plus since its a rock concert I don't want to be sitting down and I'm reading the ushers are always telling people to sit down.

Any opinions?

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It sucks in the summer. You have to rent a mini folding chair if you don't want to sit on the grass or towel.

The sound sucks. Trying to find a good spot suck. the Woodland's pavilion as a whole sucks

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

It is worth mentioning that it sucks.

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Terrible. Worst venue in houston.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Iffy. I haven't been there for a concert in years, the last being the Moody Blues with the Houston Symphony, but I think that was spring or fall, not in August. The sound was decidedly average, but still enjoyable. I hadn't had back surgery, or had any problem with my back at all, so sitting on the grass with a blanket was fine. That concert was actually in the dark, which also makes a difference. Ultimately, it depends on how much you want to go to the concert. If you're a big fan, and/or the chick is, sitting on the grass and baking is a hell of a lot better than not being there. If you can manage it, though, get the seats down below.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm a huge NIN and have seen them at least 15 times. I saw them from the lawn several years ago, and hated it. It's really not even worth going in my opinion. On the other hand, PIT tickets at the Pavilion are my favorite spot of any venue in Houston. If you can afford it, I'd spring the extra money to buy pit from someone.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Man, me too. Been trying for years, actually, but each time.... oh, hold on a minute. Nevermind.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good advice!

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Venue sucks mainly because it's not in the Loop. I mean Woodlands is almost close to Dallas. Only support shows at Fitzgerald's basement.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah I thinking I would just say **** it and spend $500 or $600 on it or whatever it is. But the only have two tickets for sale and not 1. I'm the only person I know who would blow that much money on a whim so that's a no go lol.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Covered reserve also isn't bad. People stand up throughout the show (unless they're lame fans), so that won't be an issue. Uncovered reserved and lawn make for a pretty bad experience in my opinion, no matter who is playing.

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I never buy seats for a show at the pavilion I always do lawn I usually can get pretty close to the front of the lawn so I can't justify paying another 30-40 bucks to sit 10 feet closer to the stage.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

SIT DOWN. ON TO. THE GRASS YOU SERVE.
    YOU'RE GONNA GET. STAINS YOU DESERVE.

1 person likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Unless you happen to go and it rains. Happened to me at Radiohead. Never again.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Every time I've been on the lawn seating, people are toking up everywhere around you. If that bothers you, don't do it.

17. likestohypeguy

Smoky.

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Get there early, it's going to be crowded, bring a small blanket, get a chair if you think you'll need one, but if you plan to stand... nevermind it. Realize that the sound is not great, but get over it and it's a nice time out there. No one is going to be telling the people on the lawn to sit down, everyone will be standing if you're anywhere near the front half of the lawn.

Everyone telling you it just sucks is probably one of those "everything sucks" people. You're going to see NIN and Soundgarden outdoors, it will be warm, but you're going to enjoy it unless you try not to.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I ended up finding a ticket on ticketmaster

Section 101 row k for $125 after the service fee. Much better than the ticket scalper sites. I really wanted those pit seats after Harrisment mentioned it but I couldn't bring myself to waste that much money on the bs service fee on the ticket scalper sites. Yeah I've got great logic lol.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Never sat on the lawn but never plan to. I'd sit in the last row of reserved over the lawn. I would imagine you'd be doing a lot of watching it on the screen from there.

Sec 101 Row K looks like an amazing spot. Can't believe you were able to get a seat that close.