1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How is Sergio Llull doing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Dec 5, 2010.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Does anyone who follows European basketball have an update on how Sergio Llull is doing this year? I looked at his DraftExpress profile:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Sergio-Llull-5023/stats/

His stats looks to have dipped compared to the 09/10 season. Is he a player that could be a spark off the bench for us next season?

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I'm interested in knowing...

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Next season? I thought he signed a new contract and wasn't able to come over for 2 more years?

4. gah

gah Member

I think he re-signed through at least 2012 and he stated that he is not going to the NBA to sit on the bench. I have looked for recent media features of him in spanish but all I got was regular season game notes.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Rockets have Lowry, Smith, Martin, Lee, Taylor and Budinger all under contract for next season, and they are likely to re-sign Brooks. I seriously doubt that Llull gets brought over next year unless there is a massive shakeup to this roster.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A massive shakeup to the roster is what I'm counting on between this season and next season.

7. BimaThug

Supporting Member

How massive?

If Brooks is traded/not retained, the Rockets would still have Lowry, Smith and possibly another Brooks replacement.

If Martin is traded, the Rockets would likely start either Lee or whoever they get for Martin, with Budinger/Taylor available to back him up.

With no guarantee that Llull's game will translate to him being an instant impact rotation player, and with Llull himself not wanting to be a non-rotation player if he comes over, I just don't see next year being the right time for him to come over.

2012? Possibly. But I actually think that Llull's value may lie more in TRADE than as a roster addition in the next year or so.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way we keep Martin and Brooks together, you can count on it.

9. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

I saw him just a few times. He doesn't impoved as much as we hope.

But I saw him just a few games, maybe he was not at his best there, dunno :confused:

10. BimaThug

Supporting Member

You never know. Depending on how the year plays out and if egos can be controlled (a huge if), the Rockets could possibly start one of Lowry or Lee and bring one of Brooks or Martin off the bench. While I don't think that's highly likely, it's at least a conceivable plan to improve the backcourt defense while not having to part ways with a key offensive player.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the way bud is playing i'm more interested in Lior

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Am I crazy to think that part of the logic in drafting him might have been wanting to use him as a throw-in in a Rubio trade, hoping that his stats in Europe might be similar to Rubio's?

I used to do that in fantasy basketball...when I was targeting a top player, I would try to get a player with somewhat similar, but slightly worse stats than the top player, and would offer a very good player plus that similar guy for the top player. People sometimes fell for it.

13. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Morey understands that draft picks stuck in Europe = no value. He'll consolidate our roster soon enough.

Just ship Hill + Brooks + our collection of draft rights for a borderline all-star player.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's on hell of a one-sided deal

15. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

His moniker says it all

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

DM the GM has an itchy trade finger so unless there is a massive turn-a-round on this drear season then yes, big (massive?) changes in the offing. (Starting 12/15? Feb? The 'summer' of an NBA fan's discontent?)

If Brooks is traded and if Lowry is deemed starter-worthy and if Llull is deemed NBA ready then stars could well align for Sergio's surge to the USofA.

If Martin traded then who knows for whom and what the fall-out effect might be.

1 person likes this.
  17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

When have we ever sent someone to Europe and brought them back?

18. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Llull isn't stupid, he knows in the NBA, he'd just be a bench player, maybe a starter on a team in a desperate PG situation. He isn't Rubio, he has to prove he can play in the NBA and based on how he is responding he knows it won't work out.

Outside a handful of European players, very few translate their games over here all that well.

20. sefril

sefril Member

we need report from anchel.. or A Kar..

they both watch a lot of euroleague games..