1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How is Denver playing so well?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Karolik, Jan 28, 2012.

1. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Haha. When I was working out today I watched NBA TV's airing of Gallinari's C.Lee impression. It was sad to watch ):

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That Andre Miller - Raymond Felton trade turned out to be a pretty damn good one for the Nuggets as well.

3. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Bump.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

They're winning with Timofy Mosgov as the starting center

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

so you are only worked up for like 6 teams in the league?

6. SK34

SK34 Member

Its simple...
    They playing like a team. They have no real go to guy, so whoever is on fire they keep feedinghim the ball.

If they had melo, then it'll be iso game and not a team game.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is a Moreyite...

DD

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No one said he was.

Interesting that an advanced stat player like him is leading his teams to wins though...

#28 Mr. Clutch, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Philly win is quite impressive as well.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a very good player... efficient....... decent Defensive position and help defense, average rebounding for a Center..... and very average scoring numbers

Overall he is having a good season but he is not even the no.1 or arguably the No. 2 option on his team

Gallo and TLaw are running the team.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is helping ..... give them a Boozer, Taj Gibson, even Varejao they'd still be winning

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

wrong topic

13. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

George Karl, great management, talented squad, good teamwork.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

They have a complete team and an excellent coaching staff.

DD

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Clutchfans logic:

Haven't you heard? Everything is about getting a superstar! Superstar. Superstar. Superstar. Superstar. Having a superstar is why the Knicks are championship bound and the Nuggets will "always be on the mediocrity treadmill."

You can't win without a superstar. That's why we advocate trading Scola, Martin, Lee, Dragic, Thabeet, Hill, Budinger, and Williams for Pau Gasol! Once we have that superstar, we're championship bound!!! Otherwise there's no reason to even make the playoffs. We hate the playoffs without a superstar. It's awesome when our team loses because we can't win anything without a superstar!

Oh wait, Melo's team isn't doing so well? We will explain it away by saying that he is a "2nd tier player". Every great player who doesn't win a championship is a "2nd tier player". In order to win a championship, we need a leading scorer who has proven that he can win championships. Why doesn't Morey just get one of those?

.... Yeah I get really tired of this.

Let's go Nuggets.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm sorry that it upsets you but it's true. With the exception of one team in the history of the NBA, you must have a superstar to win a championship. Do you disagree with that?

I cheer for my team regardless, but I wouldn't be anymore hopeful about the nuggets' chances than the chances of any other team without a superstar, which is slim to none.

And, to david_rocket I think there may be a couple more teams with superstars that could win it all with the right trade. There will probably be a few teams that end up with a lower record than the nuggets that I think actually have a chance at a title. But, yes, I only get worked up over a small amount of TEAMS. The rest of the time I'm watching games to see how players are progressing in their careers. You guys see this stuff all the time, I don't know why it "surprises" you every other season. Some team with great depth keeps blowing by teams in the regular season when there is little time to prepare for them and get bounced in the playoffs. The game slows down and there's no more easy buckets for role players. I'm not sure how worked up I can get when I eventually see Durant/Westbrook punish them for 50 or 60 points and I knew it was going to happen.

And, I know this is more about the 'teamwork vs. star' debate but there really is no debate. YOU NEED BOTH. Although, it won't mean anything if you don't have that superstar. That's why Morey has tried so hard to get one, that's why everyone always talks about them, it matters, a lot.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is this surprising? Didn't they have the 2nd best record after the trade deadline last year, next to the Bulls?

I think he picked them 2nd. He definitely called it.

Depth
    George Karl is one of the best coaches for using a bench
    Fast Pace
    Young legs
    Compressed season
    High altitude (Hollinger predicted best home record in the West)

So, far, it is their road record that is surprising. When you look at the Road Wins vs Home Losses, they are way out front of the West with OKC. No other team is close to them

OKC is 8-1 (Road Wins vs Home Losses)
    Denver is 7-2
    3rd team is 4-2

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm reserving judgement for now because their 14-5 record is padded almost all bad teams, sort of like our 12-8 record. They've lost against the good teams (Blazers, Lakers, Spurs) and some mediocre (Jazz, Hornets). I give them credit for wins against the Heat, an unsure Lakers team that started off the season losing alot, and maybe the 76ers, and taking care of business against the bottom dwellers.

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

The main reason is that George Karl is an amazing coach. Look at his past history in the NBA. And his current players are coachable - unlike Carmello.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I do, the Seattle Supersonics won a title without a Superstar back in the day, and so did the Pistons.....and I think one other team but it is slipping my mind right now.

And it is funny, sometimes teams win and then the player that led them to that championship is annointed a Superstar....

I don't think it is a simple as finding a superstar.

DD