1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How important are the Denver/Dallas games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShadyMcGrady, Mar 1, 2008.

?

How important are the Denver/Dallas games coming up?

1. Very important. Have to win both.

114 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. Pretty important. Have to at least split.

106 vote(s)
    44.7%
  3. Not that important. We lost Yao, what does it matter?

10 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. We're on a long winning streak and everyteam loses eventually.

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

if we beat denver and the pacers the dallas game is very important seeing as how they dont want us to leap into 6th and push them into 7th

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is currently #2 on my Post of the Season List, behind that one *** who posted right after Pryuen put the pics up about Yao getting a haircut, "I don't like it, it makes him look weak and less fiercesome." Or something like that.

3. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Fighting for positon from both teams...trying to catch one and trying to kicvk down the other, so they are both important...However, Dallas more important because we are divisional foes and the games count for more! Denver would allow us to tie a team record, but you cant cash "team record" checks, so what are they worth: Only to be mentioned on TV by some announcer that needs filler or on Around the Horn so somebody can get points.

We really have to make sure our defense remains intense and we move the ball around. Denver will push to score, we just have to D up hard and they will fall apart like they often do. With Dallas, control tempo and do not rely on Tracy like we often do against this team. Rafer, Shane seem to always disappear when we play this team. Ala the reason that Stack/Terry/Howard usually eat our faces off!!!

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is so true, or it at least it "feels" like it is. Many fans on this board are not familiar with Rafer's "disappearing acts" and are in for some disappointments. Maybe Bobby Jackson will help in these situations. My recollection is that Shane can't seem to score against the Mavs. I am so tired of them "shooting" us out of games. TMac seems to "go off" against them, but Scola and Landry are key.

5. poprocks

poprocks Member

Have to win these games because I don't expect us to keep the streak alive in week 16. If we win these two games and go into week 16 with the streak still intact, I think we are a force to be reckoned with.

Week 16 games

Lakers
    Celtics
    Warriors
    Suns

6. poprocks

poprocks Member

Have to win these games because I don't expect us to keep the streak alive in week 16. If we win these two games and go into week 16 with the streak still intact, I think we are a force to be reckoned with.

Week 16 games

Lakers
    Celtics
    Warriors
    Suns

I meant week of March 16th.