1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Heartbroken are you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Apr 7, 2016.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm hungover

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This. I would rather come away with a draft pick than get pulverized and embarrassed by GSW or SAS.

They need to regroup and start over with building around Harden in the offseason. Changes need to be made.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

like the optimism but man this just isn't the type of team to just be able to turn it on like that. at this point i just see this team a certain way which isn't that good

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't think they have to "turn it on" to beat the teams left on their schedule.

5. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

My hate for JB outweighs my sadness

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I avoid clutchfans after a loss.

I just came here today to get some info on why D-Mo didnt play.

So i guess it does change my internet habits.....

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course they do. look at how they have played all season and the games they have lost. theres no such thing as easy games for this team.

8. nikk0pl3ase

nikk0pl3ase New Member

now i can dream of who our next coach is gonna be

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Pissed that a regular Joe like me could predict all this while sitting in my office doing a 7-4 while these highly paid analytical geeks couldn't see any of this.

10. MattM

MattM Member

For me all the frustration came to a head last night after losing to the Mavs. Brewer is awful. We win that game if KJ takes ALL of Brewer's minutes.

11. MadMax

Of the teams we have left to play...this season we are:

2-0 vs the Suns

3-0 vs. the Lakers

2-0 vs. the Wolves

2-1 vs. the Kings

So a combined 9-1 suggests they've taken care of business vs. these teams. The NBA is a game of matchups. I think the Rockets go 4-0, and I don't think that's being overly optimistic at all. I think the toughest of those will be against Minnesota in Minneapolis.

Ultimately, their fate isn't in their own hands...they'll need Dallas/Utah to lose some.

I get that you're disappointed after last night. I am too. But these are 4 extremely winnable games against teams the Rockets have beaten with regularity this season.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah same. I have a family and friends to care about, no need for me to get so worked up over a basketball team that doesn't give a f*** about basketball.

1 person likes this.
  13. ibm

ibm Member

frustrated? sure. heartbroken? hell no. not even close.

with harden being the #1 guy and in driver's seat on the court, i've long ago learnt to lower my expectations. plus we replaced mchale with.......... errr jbb.

1 person likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah well thats you. I've seen enough of this team to realize they can easily be beaten by the the worse teams in the league and there just no reason to believe they can just go on a streak all of a sudden regardless of who the opponents are. btw minny and la beat the gsw. something the rockets aren't even close to being able to do

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I've been pretty apathetic for a while. None of the losses sting like they used to. Really I just find myself amazed at this team and how inept Bickerstaff has been.

If nothing else...this season will be a wakeup call for Morey/Harden/Les/etc. Things will change.

16. MadMax

Of course...anything can happen in one game. We beat the Lakers by a ton. Lakers can beat GSW. I still like our chances if these are the remaining games.

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-roc...mes-harden-does-it-all-until-mavs-smother-him

18. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Amen Brother..... the time wasted watching everygame too.
    Frustrating, embarassing season.
    No heart, no effort, no brains, no coach, and no trust= Failed season

Dwight=Cancer for the team, probably the reason theres no trust between anyone. He cant admit hes not a good offensive player.
    Then we come to JB: put in a very tough situation, but seriously was more concerned with his relationships then putting the best team out there= **** coach.
    His rotations, minutes given, and playcalling have been atrocious and proves hes is no where near a head coach.
    All this fallas right in face of morey who for once settled this offseason and he got burned cuz he has no legit scouting personnel or skills.
    Didnt help he also botched his first round pick again so we didnt get any help from there.
    i hate how uch i love this team but that love took a big punch and i hope next year it can get back up, because this season is unforgivable....the players the owners and the gm gave up on us and its a tough pill to swallow

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

c'mon dude, Dwight kept us in the game last night. how about let's all ease up on the hate, just for once? :rolleyes:

20. hakeemthagreat

I'm definitely heartbroke, sick to my stomach. I look at this team and just can't understand why they don't play hard every nite. I remember when we had AB, Lowry, Battier, Scola & Yao, and that team never took a play off. They weren't nearly as talented but I appreciated watching them play. But this team doesn't seem to want it that bad. No way we're supposed to lose to a Dallas team with a 50yr old Dirk. Our coaching is terrible but I can only blame the GM hired him and created the culture of entitlement around this team. Rocket basketball has always been about playing hard and not caring about stats, endorsements, contracts etc...But this team is the OPPOSITE of that smh