1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dayop, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting Article

Rocket River

2. what

what Member

Conservatives who are by a large margin white are becoming increasingly disenfranchised. They know it. The world knows it. The more they lose their grip on values the more they show how truly crazy they are.

The baby boomers are being outnumbered by the millennials, politically.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

When you have a bad altitude, hate others, rather revenge and hurting people than focusing on yourself and bringing you up.... you aren't going anywhere but down. It's sad.

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The millennials graduated into a recession. Many stayed in school due to that and because of that, school debt has just recently exceeded credit card debt. But they aren't sitting around hating... they might look lazy, ask for free stuff, but they are trying to do new things to move up.

5. what

what Member

I'm basically saying that millennials are more or less liberal politically, whereas the baby boomers were conservative. The gen xers never had a chance to wield their influence politically since they were swallowed up by the baby boomers.

Now the boomers are getting old and the millennials are taking over, and they are more less liberal. Even though polls might suggest otherwise. They might be moderate liberals or something like that.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think they are definitely more socially liberal. Fiscally, not sure.

7. Nook

Nook Member

An observation I have had...

For a long time I heard white conservatives complain about inner city liberals (primarily black) asliving life with a chip on their shoulder, portraying themselves are marginalized victims and complainers that don't love America.

Now I see white conservatives complaining they have been marginalized, are victims and doing very little other than complain about America.

Further for years I heard complaints that the AA community lacked leadership that was credible; with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson continuing to get approval with the AA community even when clearly unfit.

Well now these populist segment of conservative whites is led by ethical/mental lightweights Sarah Palin & Donald Trump.

I am not saying either demographic does/doesn't suffer from legitimate concerns.... but I find the similarities obvious.

Amiga and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Cracked? Lol...

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The US and it's general population are the subjects of a loss relative economic dominance because of many factors like: globalization, world wide instantaneous communication, availability of information and former trade secrets, the economic resurgence of the Asian worker, formalized union busting and large scale sequestering of offshore assets. The threat of the loss of a way of life, a good life, easily brings out the resistance in people. But adapting to inevitability could be the smarter course.

10. Dei

Dei Member

Yeah, how? You just love throwing out accusations without any supporting arguments so go ahead explain.

Like what other things exactly? Sounds like anyone who disagrees with you about anything is immediately a divider. Is that how that platitude works?

And my point is that most of the people conventionally regarded as uneducated are actually technically skilled.

My viewpoint? That minority ghettos exist? Are you denying that? There are 11 million of them that are in the US illegally and don't pay taxes, use public services. Many migrants will vote D purely out of ease of migration to get their family in. Yes, they may feel at home but that doesn't necessarily mean they bat for the team.

#30 Dei, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Actually, many of them do pay taxes. Also, they don't vote.

12. Dei

Dei Member

Many of them don't. Not this discussion again. We had this discussion in another thread.

I wasn't talking about illegals re. voting.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"There are 11 million of them that are in the US illegally and don't pay taxes, use public services. Many of them will vote D purely out of ease of migration to get their family in. "

Then correct your damn sentence structure.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That's actually not true. Younger people in general have shown to not vote as often. The next election cycle will show more of what's ahead(I will agree with this in 4-8 years)There was a recent study that showed kids are more conservative now then the baby boomers were in their age. Issue is that is polling majority white Americans.
    Issue for Republicans is minorities who favor democrats.

Minorities by immigration(there is a large Indian/Asian migration going on right now in to the US), on top of African American and Hispanics having more babies than white families is where the transition is coming. At this current moment, their are more minority babies than whites for the first time ever.

We are about to see a permanent political shift towards the democrats moving forward unless the republicans run a minority/moderate campaign. I do agree that it's time for the republicans to start moving away from the right.

John Kasich would have won this race in a complete blowout. We elected the wrong guy!

15. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

A good counter article:

"The press has gotten extremely comfortable with describing a Trump electorate that simply doesn’t exist. Cottle describes his supporters as “white voters living on the edges of the economy.” This is, in nearly every particular, wrong.

There is absolutely no evidence that Trump’s supporters, either in the primary or the general election, are disproportionately poor or working class. Exit polling from the primaries found that Trump voters made about as much as Ted Cruz voters, and significantly more than supporters of either Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders. Trump voters, FiveThirtyEight's Nate Silver found, had a median household income of $72,000, a fair bit higher than the $62,000 median household income for non-Hispanic whites in America.

A major study from Gallup's Jonathan Rothwell confirmed this. Trump support was correlated with higher, not lower, income, both among the population as a whole and among white people. Trump supporters were less likely to be unemployed or to have dropped out of the labor force. Areas with more manufacturing, or higher exposure to imports from China, were less likely to think favorably of Trump.

This shouldn’t be surprising. Lower-income whites are always likelier to support Democrats than other whites. It’d be very odd if Trump singlehandedly reversed that longstanding trend in American public opinion. But it suggests that the image of Trump supporters as whites on the economic margins, being failed by the elites in Washington and New York, is wrong."​

16. tmacfor35

This is what I was talking about with Realist. A picture could be painted that Trump fans are more successful.

I'm not saying that's true necessarily, but picking information to be rude is not a good way to go about things.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Boy you are dense. You just said in your previous post man that Obama was responsible for the failures of rural america. I said that it is Republicans to blame, they are the mayors and governors of those communities. This is what you said...

That just completely excuses the various mayors and governors

Yeah, it also means not to divide the country by race. Which is what you hope to do. What you say and what you mean is pretty obvious Dei. You aren't really fooling anyone around here.

It's a poor point.

Trailer parks exist too. Are you denying that? You really think white people don't use public services? Seriously? There are also billionaires that don't pay more taxes than the poor, use every loophole imaginable, then ship jobs overseas, and will their sons and daughters ever serve for the military? These minorities that you hate on also serve in the military. Sounds like batting for the team to me.

Also of course, 11 million illegals can't vote. But you didn't know that.

This is what he does. He'll say something like this then deny that he ever said it. Very Trumpian.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sounds like rural white America doesn't want to integrate into our society.

Invisible Fan and JayGoogle like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Sounds like the struggle that this country has had since it's founding.

There is and has been a strong divide between urban and rural, and it trumps geography or socio economics.

20. tmacfor35

Does Hilary have Parkinson's? I've seen that twice today. Hopefully not. That's a tough disease.