1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good is Andrew Wiggins?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Mar 15, 2015.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I never understood the Lebron comparison, Lebron was so much more polished coming out of high school in all aspect of the game in terms of passing, rebounding and ball handling

Wiggins is so damn raw, the times I've watched him is lot like watching a child doing trial and error to see what his limits are on the court

I think he got a lot better through the season, he had highs and lows, but he's gaining a lot of confidence and there are moments you realize how incredibly athletic he is.

hopefully he keeps up the work ethic in the off season and hit the gym more often, I feel like he's 2 season away from being a really good player. He doesn't seem like he has an ego or is a ball hog of any kind, if anything he needs to be less passive.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think if he builds strength and develops a post game - which is a real possibility IMO - he can be a great offensive and defensive player as a 3. Essentially a better version of Paul George is optimistic but not impossible IMO. He seems to be a hard worker and he improved a lot over the season.

What more can you ask from a 19 yr old rookie? He's going to benefit a heck of a lot from being on a good team if that ever happens.

3. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Excuse me does he play for the Rockets? No this is a Rocket forum

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]

Not sure if serious but heres your answer

5. stab

stab Member

Gonna be a stud...

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It's official. Andrew Wiggins is the Rookie of the Year. <a href="http://t.co/tqj22JtWbX">pic.twitter.com/tqj22JtWbX</a></p>&mdash; Zach Harper (@talkhoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/talkhoops/status/593860669306372096">April 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

After almost a season and half, I think the Cavs really mess this one up (as I initially thought).

Wiggins would've been the perfect 2nd or 3rd go-to guy until the inevitable decline of LeBron.

The Cavs didn't really need to go out and get Kevin Love ... already had a decent power forward and outstanding defender in Tristan Thompson.

Even last year, the Cavs were able to throttle their way through East without Love, could you imagine if they had the young Andrew Wiggins? If everything was as equal as last year, but replace Love with Wiggins (with no Irving).

I think the Cavs would've beaten Golden State in that 6th or 7th game, or made for dramatic game 7.

This is one of the reasons I don't believe in this "win-now" mentality, because it's exactly what it means is "win-now" ... championship or bust.

I don't think the Cavs will win a championship in the near future unless there's an injury to one of the powers out West or LeBron has another series for the ages.

I still think Kevin Love is a really good NBA player, but not being able to be on-ball offensive player and being an inferior defender. Creates an Achilles' heel for this team.

With Wiggins, he's got the superior athleticism, as well as another good defender on a team that already had LeBron, Shumpert, Delladova, and Thompson. He could cover Kyrie's shortcomings on defense, while covering the other players offensively.

Wiggins' defense against these teams, like Chicago, GS, and SA would've given the Cavs, this concentrated defensive power in the backcourt.

Moreover, keeping Wiggins (on rookie contract) would've allow the Cavs to fortify their bench, even more so this year, if they in fact, still lost to Golden State in the Finals. Like Golden State, I believe the Cavs would've had one of the most talented rosters in the NBA, since the Showtime Lakers or 80s Celtics/76ers. 3 dominant scorers (who can score off the dribble or off the ball - get to the basket for free throws), 4 above average defenders starting, 3 and half potential All-Stars, and they'd easily dominant the East. 65-70+ games.

C - Mozgov
    PF - Thompson
    SF - Lebron
    SG - Wiggins
    PG - Irving

Jr Smith
    Shumpert
    Delladova

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's a very decent scorer in his 2nd year and already gets superstar calls. Needs to work on his 3 pt shot and the other parts of his game like rebounds, assists, and defense. I like his confidence.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Wiggins is an abysmal defensive player right now, he's down on Harden level. He is a huge part of why their defense is so awful.

Offensively he does show a ton of promise though.

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

I absolutely hate how much of a ballhog he is. Dude doesnt share the ball with the best player on the team, Towns. They would be winning much more if the offense runs through Towns first. Instead of ISO Wiggins.

12. dmoneybangbang

He's good but not great. I think all the hype surrounding him did him a big disservice but I can't see him living up to it.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I would trade james harden for the guy in a blink of an eye. The kid is Special! Really really Special.... someone who can play both ends of the court is someone that leads you to chanpionships. Please Morey make it happen...

14. malakas

malakas Member

Im very dissapointed in his development. By the second year i expect a player to start understanding defence. Nope.
    No other development either is handles, shooting, rebounding , assists. He is just a scorer right now with bad efficiency who seems too lazy in defence.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's doing pretty well for a second year player at that age. Still lots of potential on offense. He needs to learn how to run the offense through passing than just scoring though. He's like pretty stubborn or just inexperiened. with the ball imo

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Wiggins had demonstrated the skills and potential that made him a top pick.

He is a NOT a good defender, though. There really isn't much out there to indicate that he is a good on defense. His passing and facilitating ability needs to improve also.

#56 Shroopy2, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

His ORtg is 104
    Drtg is 112

In his second year hardens was
    Ortg 119
    Drtg 108

Harden had close to 60% TS%. Wiggins is 53%. He could be a good 2nd fiddle to KAT. I don't see him being a true no. 1. Could be wrong however.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Its because he cant dribble the ball. ( and some no great vision).

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Just stop bruh.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Rudy Gay mk 2?