1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you respond to/confront a birther?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ChievousFTFace, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yes really. calling it racist means it comes from one's race. There are many in the white race that are hispanic. That is why there is a White non-hispanic classification. I proposed an argument where all factors were equal except his race.

2. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Do you believe in Jesus?

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No those would be "Virgin Birthers.";)

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

zing!

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I want to apologize for considering that there was some credible evidence on the birthers side...I admitted early on that Obama, very much likely was born in Hawaii after all but that you have to consider possibilities when it comes from other sources that you might not agree with.

It is my nature to state you can't belief in much 100% as a general outlook, but like ima stated, when does that outlook stop? - good point about the parents...Sometimes I think I just have decide on which side has the best info. and leave it there. . .

I always try to be fair, and not only one way, and by discussing the evidence on both sides it came down to weak evidence from the birthers with the best single evidence being an elderly lady not remembering seeing the tot around. . . Like I also stated, this issue was not an issue to go down for those politically opposed to Obama and I stated so infact...There are certainly other areas such as a lack of leadership qualities, and penalyzing tax-payers for public union member gain, less government inefficiency, and so on . . .I regret there are posters who mischaracterize or attack me rather than the info. when they really don't know me, I would say KMA and die a horrible death, but then that would be a waste of words on them...There is debate, then there is trying to say what I believe and rolling eyes...sigh...to you : F.O. ...

2 people like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Did Obama let this drag on because he thought he had something to gain from it. Should have put the argument to bed a long time ago and done everyone a favor.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you think a Hawaii state issued authentic Certification of Live Birth does not accurately say where in Hawaii one is born?

9. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Canned laughter.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I now respond:

Booya b****es.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not just any elderly lady - his own grandmother can't remember him being born. Clear she was in on the scam to make Obama POTUS.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He provided proof of his birth place, and time already. What he provided before is every bit as legal and binding as what he provided now. He's just proved it twice.

Some people are just so ignorant they didn't accept what the courts, and US state department accept as proof. In HI there is no legal distinction between what Obama provided before, and what he provided now.

13. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

How do you think I confront/respond to non-birthers?
    or
    How do you think I confront/respond to liberals or conservatives?
    or
    How do you think I confront/respond to republicans or democrats?

I didn't ask you that question, because you believe.:)

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Ouch.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work with me. HO HO HO!
    ;)

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Well I am glad you are now convinced and I wish you would show such skepticism in regard to many other things. That said as you note the evidence was always very weak in regard to the birther claims. While you might think this was a mischaracterzation of your view given the preponderance of evidence on one side and paucity on the other in my opinion to persist in that doubt did put you in the birther camp.

As I said to Thumbs I will take both of you at your word that this wasn't a major issue and that you have plenty of other reasons to oppose Obama so while not a birther in terms of importance of the issue you were basically a birther in terms of outlook.

17. Beavis

Beavis Member

How do you respond to a democrat that is in love with Obama even though Obama hasnt done anything? Impossible. Im convinced everyone that voted for Obama will NEVER admit they made a mistake because then they will get called racist. Obama gets a free ride because he is being picked on by the evil whiteman Trump so Obama gets all the love.

Thats why Im convinced Marco Rubio will be president after Obama. White men will never get in because of all the minority voters and hispanics will be the majority in 2016. Funny how in 2009 when Rubio was a nobody and before he was even in senate all his valuable domains for him being president were already bought. Someone high up knows he will be president one day. This will be proven in 2012 when he gives the keynote speech at the RNC for Romney. Thats when you see millions start the bandwagon of him for 2016.(kinda like obama in 2004)

18. Beavis

Beavis Member

I wish my fellow republicans would just quit this birth cerificate issue. Let obama stay in. Let him screw it up.When he screws it up people wont vote for democrat president for atleast 12 years after that. Then laugh in 2016 when we take back the whitehouse with our boy Rubio. Enjoy your ride democrats. From 2016 -2028 you wont even snift the whitehouse.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

20. Beavis

Beavis Member

the reason its men in their 70's is because young people are so into rap music that they dare not redicule the president. Oh my god. Cant do that. Hes our first black president and racist like Trump are bullying him. Poor guy lets give him a pass.

It could also be because young people dont give a damn or are to stupid to understand retirement,taxes,medicare etc so they vote on who is cool. Obama is cool because he plays basketball and gets on mtv and theres alot of cool tshirts about him. Thats how trivial young people like donnymost are. Vote for the cool guy. Taxes be damn.

Men in their 70's , Id trust the judgement of them over a party going 22 year old ANYDAY.

If we let only 18-28 year olds vote, then Lindsey Lohan would be president. I mean that literally. I think they are that stupid to vote for Lohan. Women vote based on who is sexiest(polls have been taken on this)...Women shouldnt be allowed to vote and no one under 30 should be. This country then would have real leaders that care about familys and elders and money instead of who plays basketball and who is cool.