1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how do you reheat crawfish

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Mar 13, 2008.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

or Crawfish Pie

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

In a pan with other ingredients such that the result is etoufee.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

RESULTS: shells were a bit "plasticky", but it was partly because I left it in the pot heating a bit too much, and I am assuming the heat around it took some of the hardness away and they were soft (that's not what she said). Meh, I ended up sucking head no matter what, but the corn, potatoes, mushrooms, and sausage that were in there had a bland and peculiar "old" and musty taste. The meat of the crawfish in the tail and the larger claws was good, though.

SWT, :cool: You, sir, still ROCK if your results were much better than mine.

4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I'm looking into hosting a crawfish boil soon. It'll be my first to actually put together and host. What is the recommendation of pounds per person. I want to have more than enough crayfish. Mudbugs, yyum.

5. underoverup

underoverup Member

Microwave them on high for about 15 minutes with a bag of popcorn to absorb any extra fishy smell.

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

6-8 lbs for each man

3-5 lbs for each woman

7. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

why night treat it like lobster. make a crawfish roll. or some other type of salad. cold food is good too.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Don't you ****ing do it!
    [​IMG]

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Get your court bouillion or poaching liquid... nice and hot and flash in for a second. The residual heat will carry through.. Remember u are not recooking just reheat so it requires just a quick flash in the luquid.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This seems the best option.

Don't pull the dumbass bachelor card and nuke it. Might as well throw it in the trash.