1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you rate the draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robbie380, Jun 26, 2008.

?

How do you rate the draft?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2008.
  1. A

208 vote(s)
    37.3%
  2. B

259 vote(s)
    46.5%
  3. C

66 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. D

13 vote(s)
    2.3%
  5. F

11 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

By way of the chron.com reports we have Donte Greene and Joey Dorsey... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5858961.html

How do you feel about trading away Batum? I personally feel Batum wasn't close to contributing with the reports being he would be overseas for a couple more years. I think trading down and picking up a pretty good big wing prospect in Greene and adding an early 2nd to get bruiser in Dorsey was smart. We didn't have a ton to work with and I think we came out solid.

2. ThaShark316_28

Yea I think we made out just fine....B+

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I love it, great work getting a potential good young athletic wing so late in the first round.

When you are picking so low, you pretty much have to get lucky to have someone help you right away.

Out of the two, I think Dorsey is more NBA ready and Greene has major upside or potential.

Put Greene in the NBDL, and maybe Dorsey too......

And turn your attention to free agency.

DD

4. Landlord Landry

lets wait to wait to see what unviels

5. kevdude

kevdude Member

I feel like trading Batum away was the correct move,
    Due to the fact that we were leaving him in France so he can bulk up and what not,
    but with Greene, we will know what we have right on,

I'm just kind of disappointed that we didn't make any DRASTIC trades.
    But I'm optimistic for the future being that there will be a big trade coming up later this summer.

6. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

I give it an A because we'll get a future early second rounder out of this next year also.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I agree...if we can get one of those 2, likely Dorsey, as a good bench contributor in the 2nd half of the year then we made out very well for what we had. I am just really happy we were able to score 2 solid prospects.

8. Blake

Blake Member

Right now a B. Based on Morey's last draft, I feel good.

It wasn't like we had a high draft pick and this draft was thin. If one of these guys ends up as a good backup then we did great

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Member

A-

Only reason I don't give an "A" is because I would've rather we'd traded for a vet.

But I never wanted Batum... even more of a project than Greene. We need to win now.

10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

didn't batum say that he wasn't going back to france?
    anyways, i rate the draft an B+ or an A
    donte greene has lots of potential and joey dorsey seems like an upgrade over hayes

11. kjayp

kjayp Member

I went with a 'b' cause just based on paper we came out ahead, but really how valuable are extra 2nd rd picks.... I dont follow much college, so i cant say much, cause the true assessment is in Greene vs Arthur.

12. AXG

AXG Member

I'd give it a B+. I hear a lot of complaints about Dorsey and Greene, but I heard a lot more last year when the Rockets got Brooks and Landry. I personally love the Greene acquisition. He's long, can shoot 3s, and can block shots. For a late-1st round pick, he's a steal. I also think Dorsey could wind up being a bigger, stronger version of Chuck. Overall I think management did well in this draft.

13. Yetti

Yetti Member

Difficult to grade these selections. I will have to see them play in the summer league inorder to have an opinion. I just hope that Morey the Wizard knows what he is doing! :p

14. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Member

I'm not gonna put a rating on it yet. Every year people get all upset and say how much the draft sucked and how badly CD/Morey messed up. Several months down the line it turns out to be a solid one (see Landy, Brooks, etc. etc.).

My friends kept asking me who I wanted to take, and I said I had no idea. All I knew was I had lots of trust in Morey to make good choices. We'll see if he proves himself again.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Out of Batum, Arthur, and Greene. Greene was the only one without health concerns legit or otherwise.

16. flipmode

flipmode Member

cut jackson, dump greene or green and dorsey in the d-league, sign james jones, and wait until mid-year for a PG...?

17. Landlord Landry

greene and dorsey have nothing to do with brooks and landry.

I give this draft a P for poop. I don't think the rockets just became the over whelming hands on favorite to win the NBA chip next year......perhaps that will come thru trades and via free agency....but yeah, I don't think this team just got better. :eek:

18. Landlord Landry

why does everyone keep patting morey on the back for the brooks pick?

brooks has done nothing special since he has arrived.......I'm not gonna say it was a BAD pick, but lets not hail morey as a genius for selecting brooks......

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

20. Blake

Blake Member

Brooks played well and showed us that he can at least be a good backup PG, which is great considering when we picked him.

Did you expect us to get a starter with a pick in the 20's and 50's????