1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you measure FREEDOM?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Aug 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Is that you Kris? Janis?

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

They did not jail or imprisoned 10th of their population . Citizens do not feel the need to carry guns for self protection. Crime rate is extremely low though. Police do not shoot people randomly for what seems to be arrest resistance , their veterans are't homeless etc; so your opinion is't totally off

3. Buck Turgidson

It's good enough for me.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure but they do have about 9 million "guest workers" that Human Rights Watch has said are working in "near slavery conditions"....and again, they do have public beheading all the time for crimes such as "sorcery"......and they are a rentier state that pay basically no attention to the wishes of their people......

But other than that, things are great.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I measure it by how much the tyranical, world-class a-hole left tries to insist we are free, while openly harassing, bullying and intimidating anyone who dares to express beliefs that are contradictory to this propagandic line, in quite a few cases threatening these daring people with injury or death, while conspiring together with other radical leftists to ruin these people's lives.

6. Exiled

Exiled Member

cellphone reply **

9 millions is a low estimate , illegal workers alone are over 9 millions.

"Near slavery" is it ! to put things in perspective : Isis,Iranian militants recruits individuals by paying about 500$/ monthly to kill innocents people. For them it's enough to go into Blackwater mode.

But here is the most ignored fact : most of temporary workers do not stick to their current employer . In construction for instance , which consume the largest work force, a legal unskilled worker get paid : 700$ on average . Open market if he decided to go that way pay that in less than a week. (56-100$ a day from 8-4pm + meals and transportation)

One of the meth : they got their passport confiscation! You must heard that often in this forum ! Aside from stirring drama :

- it's illegal , by law if temp.worker complains, someone will be in trouble.+ embassies/consulates issue a replacement in no time .

-there is hardly any liability for temp. Workers , their sponsor get f**d on their behalf whenever legal issues comes .

-health insurance for temp.worker cost : 150$ only a year. A citizen has the option of going to public health provider or pay 3-4K more .

-a skilled worker get paid top $ . Most of workers within a few years of working can buy a land ,build a home and set for life. Me&you can't say the same.

-by the way , countries like India/Pakistan are important and they are influential by trade and security means. They take care of their expat more than you thinks. They generate 80-90 billions a year. Regulation/monitoring situation doest not need an external Robin-hood to reclaims justice .

Lethal injection /electric chair v. Beheading : pretty neat and longer pain v. ugly but quick ,not a fan of any but just saying

You know a city like Jeddah is more diverse than ...lets say NYC ! Do you know 20% of American believe in Black magic ! In some other societies that percentage can go to like 90% right ?

here is a sample of what sorcery can do to some

[youtube]Ya8PNxuhDS8[/youtube]

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well, I certainly don't measure freedom in meters.

8. Buck Turgidson

Blessed are the cheesemakers.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

You are a contractor I think ! I used to be one of those construction slave workers and I'm blessed to learn these thing before finishing high school :
    Mig/tig/stick welding and metal fabrication X-ray quality
    Electric/plumping installation
    Operate equipment from pop cat to 960 with no single accident that I'm aware off
    Floating 18 speed big rig without grinding a thing
    Fiberglass and insulation /bodywork
    Troubleshoot/repair diesel/gas engine and all related electrical/electronic glitches repair .and I enjoyed it while doing it +getting paid enough to be totally independent

10. Buck Turgidson

I have no clue what you are talking about, but that is par for the course.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member