1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you find out when U-Verse will be available?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Refman, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Does anybody know how you can find out when U-Verse will be available in your area?

2. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

By the way, made the switch last Saturday. The internet speeds are about the same as Comcast, which is fine. The whole home DVR is great. The one downside is I use my PC a lot when watching TV and Uverse doesn't work as well with Windows Media Player as Comcast. My wife and son are very happy with the change.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If it's like every other telephone/cable company, you can search for it online or call them... if they can't give you anything more certain than "soon" or anything less than "3-6 months", they have no idea.... :)

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I was on that website prior to posting. That thing is fairly useless. No real help unless it is already available.

I will probably call them. Thanks for the suggestion. :cool:

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was talking to a buddy about this over the weekend.

According to the website, it's not available in my area. He said to call them because the website showed it was unavailable in his area as well. He said the guy on the phone told him it's actually available anywhere with a phone line, but you just have to call them.

He also said they will beat any other offer from any other company. They are hungry for business, so they are always open to a deal and the phone guys have full autonomy to make whatever deal they want to.

As soon as my Embarq contract runs out, I'm going to go with U-verse.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Explain this, please. Why do you have to use Windows Media Player with u-Verse? :confused: How do you have this set up?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you want to use your PC as a TV, you have to have a PC tuner card and use Windows Media Player. Plug the cable into the card, set it up and you are good to go.

I don't want to have a PC monitor and a TV on my office desk. Not enough room for both.