1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you feel about trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 30, 2014.

Tags:
?

How do you feel about trading for Ricky Rubio?

1. Bring him on !!!!

34.2%
  2. No way, he sucks!!!!

65.8%
  1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Totally dependent on who/what we have to give up. Would I add him to the team all else equal? Sure, he can make plays, we don't have a lot of playmakers. But we want shooters around Dwight. Unless Dwight is ready to pick n roll till the day he dies.

He could really help this team, but he could kill us on the perimeter. Also, he would improve our defense which is a plus.

I am not sure if I would prioritize a PG or a PF, depends on how Jones/DMo turn out.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rubio says Penberthy helps you not to change your shot, but feel it.</p>&mdash; Steve McPherson (@steventurous) <a href="https://twitter.com/steventurous/status/516652506542133248">September 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

oh lawwwd

3. Raven

Raven Member

I fully expected a deadline deal last season and nothing happened. However, IF Nick Johnson and Clint Capela play well, it will certainly grease the wheels for a major deal. Morey has assets, but they aren't quite as enviable as in the past.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

"Feel the clank of the rim, Ricky."

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I don't see it as an upgrade over Beverley. Especially given what we'd have to trade and pay him. No thanks.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't know about worse at everything Lin does.

Rubio could be a great defender on a team that plays good team defense. He has better handles definitely and better vision and passing. I don't know how many boneheaded mistakes he makes game in and game out (You would have to be a T'pup fan to know that I guess) but Lin had his ups and downs with that. That he made a lot of boneheaded decisions from time to time.

7. dream2franchise

I think Beverley deserves a chance to show what he's got from an offensive stand point. He's been working on it and the passion he has for our team is evident.

Let's see what he's got.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

"I'm a blind photographer. I feel portraits and I smell landscapes."

9. kemah

kemah Member

lol

I think we may now know why he sucks at shooting.

10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Depends if there was also a trade for a power forward who could shoot the lights out from long distance. With the team as it stands, I'd have to vote no.

11. baubo

baubo Member

Have you seen the rest of their roster?

Would've worked with Love, Harden, and Ariza.

12. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Didn't vote. I can't say he sucks. But I don't want to "bring him on" either.

The guy's overrated with no defense. Not a good fit here in Houston. Expecting Harden's defense to rise, I still want a defense-minded point guard to start with him. Rondo would fit much better, not Rubio.

13. ling ling

ling ling Member

I really don't like Harden as the point guard.

I think Harden is an elite 2 but below average 1.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Actually one of the things Rubio is known for is his defense, albeit his defense is overrated. But to say he has no D is false.

If he has no D, all he is left with is passing because as far as shooting goes all he does is brick.

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

Ideally for this team, we'd have a true PG with length, and an outside shot, that's defensively inclined...

Unfortunately for us, there are no ideal options available...

16. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Would be Nice with Max contract offer !!!

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

No disrespect to Rubio meant by this but are we just getting desperate to sign someone?
    Given the TW have brought in a shooting coach to help RR, I don't see a trade materialising anytime soon.
    And like was said before, why trade any remaining assets and pay a huge contract for him when we have Beverley (who I prefer).

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

dude has a broken jumpshot and cant finish at the rim (worst in league iirc), ball will still play through Harden cause of McHales 'offense' so Rubio would be even worse than currently advertised

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

*Trades for Rubio*

You sign Rubio to a max contract or I'm taking Dwight to free agency in two years!

Sincerely,

[​IMG]

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Nothing but the truth. Same for Rondo, he's not h ping to sit back and watch Harden pound the ball senseless.