1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Do You Feel About Jason Terry Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ima_drummer2k, Nov 13, 2014.

1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Nah, Jermey Lin.

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I always hated him! Now... I just want him to make 3's! Keep doing that and I'll be just fine with him.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I see what you did there....;)

4. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Same way I felt about Barkley when the Rockets picked him up. Hated Barkely as a Sun...loved him as a Rocket. Same goes for Terry. Detested him as a MavPrick. Love him as Rocket.

5. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Love the way he plays, but more importantly love his leadership. Seems like he will call out anyone on this team (including harden) for not giving full effort on defense.

6. dram1

dram1 Member

I hated when we would fight our way back into a game vs the Mavs after being down big and that Lil fu..er would bust some big shots to extinguish our comeback...me screaming at the TV..."how can you leave that a0hole open?" while the Jet running down the court wings out.
    //pauses
    //takes deep breath
    But now he is in Rockets red and has really been a glue guy that brings that veteran experience to the team. He is a guy that can really help the team jell. And with Bev starting to become injury prone, he fills in nice at the point.

So I have blocked all the bad memories from my mind (except for this post) and I look forward to seeing him continue to grow within our team. Couple good years out of him might be good for the young guys.

Now Carlos Boozer on the other hand...never...

7. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

8.8 ppg on 54.5% from three playing 22:30mins per game
    pretty good

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

I like any player that replace Lin

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I used to HATE Jason Terry. As OP said, do I really have to explain why?

Now that he is on the team, I love him. I couldn't agree more with what OP said.

I just hope he plays like this all season and in the playoffs. He will be a huge weapon off the bench when it matters if he keeps this up.

10. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

He's playing great! and knocking down shots just as we hoped. The best part is that he's done it in pressure situations in the playoffs in the past. Same with Ariza. Thats a big difference from what we had last year and hopefully will pay off in the playoffs when things tighten up and secondary/tertiary players need to step up.

1 person likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was a Hawk before he was a Mav. Great post. Bob Sura was both a Hawk and a Rocket ;)

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I looked at Jet the same way i viewed Jon Barry during the first season we acquired Tmac. A player that knows his role (space floor with 3s and vet leadership) and does it well. I was unsure if he had enough left in the tank to contribute but i never hated the guy. Just hated playing against him because i knew he would always nail those clutch 3s when called upon.

13. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Since when is Lin a rocket killer?

14. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

oh i get it. You mean he was a rocket killer while on the rockets. My brain is not working today:eek:

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Never really hated him aside from the fact he's using a recycled nickname. But, I was concerned he was too broke-down to play. He's not broken yet.

16. GMNot

GMNot Member

Don't forget Daniels has the potential to bypass the "nerves" in pressure situations, too.

I, like others here, "disliked"(?) Terry because he did make such clutch shots against the Rockets.

I was happy with the signing and felt Morey, included in his analysis of taking his contract, the hedged bet that if he really had recovered his health, there was still gas left in the tank.

17. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Kenny Smith never went by JET as a player. Jason E. Terry = true JET

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

It'll take some big shots in the playoffs before I can forgive him for all his Rocket-killer moments in the past, but at least he's not on another team killing us again...

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

He's our new Jon Barry. I guess it makes sense someone with the nickname "JET" finishes his career in Houston.

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i hated this signing with a passion and i hated jason terry...so much.

but now im like...

language
    http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4639507/b****-i-love-you-o.gif