1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

How Do You Feel About Jason Terry Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ima_drummer2k, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He's the type of player that fans for the opposing team dislike. So, he fits in well with this Rockets team.

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He would have fit in perfectly with the Yao/T-Mac teams. Imagine him being the starting PG instead of Rafer....

Killed us as a Mav, hope he can have an Eddie Johnson-type impact for us this year.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AclaHTMWxkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

There was never any hate for him from me, just a mixture of respect and rage. That said, I didn't think I would be legitimately excited to see him doing the airplane thing as a Rocket. But I have been several times. He's got guts and works hard, all you can ask from a veteran bench presence.

He look OK.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Hated him as a Mav...primarily bc he was so clutch when playing against us. Jason Terry has led by example...He plays sound team defense, and makes timely buckets. Behind the scenes, Jason's presence will tremendously help Howard and Harden grow in confidence as the season progresses. I truly think that he has been the catalyst...getting this team to play at a higher level on a nightly basis. Glad this famous Rocket killer is now playing for our Rockets.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I have always been fine with the Terry signing. A savvy veteran who can run the offense. I saw little downside since he is on a favorable contract.

6. CertifiedTroll

Poor guy. He thinks he is an airplane every time he makes a three. What a sad story.

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

He's still a troll. But he's our troll!!!! Between terry and bev, we will be a hated team by many fan bases. I love it. Give me grit and toughness.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

First of all- Not to be picky, but it wasn't a SIGNING.

The Rockets were rewarded TWO high quality second round picks to take Terry's salary in a trade for two players with non-guaranteed contracts that weren't going to make the Rockets final 15 man roster anyways.

The Rockets didn't go out and say... you know who we really want on this team right now??... Jason Terry.

Terry was sent to the Rockets at a disadvantage because he wasn't traded for under the premise that Jason Terry was going to be a key acquisition that would help on the court. He was brought in for the picks first and foremost, and Jason Terry the player deserves credit for EARNING minutes on the court and offering great leadership in the locker room.

I always thought the deal was a great deal for the Rockets because well... they were rewarded a tradeable contract and 2 Second round picks for nothing. The fact that Terry the contract and turned back the clock as Jason Terry the basketball player makes this deal one of the great Morey trades since his tenure as GM.

However... all the credit goes to Jason Terry himself. He has earned my respect and I'm glad we have him on the team... for now.

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

at first I felt like this
    [​IMG]

but now I feel like this
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Same here. He's played well so far and I like the minutes he is getting. I can see his minutes increasing significantly come playoff time.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Grudgingly better.

;)

DD

12. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I would pay to see this!

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He's a guy you hate when he's on the other team, but you love him when he's on your team...kind of like Arjen Robben (for the football fans)...

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

I still hate his post shot celebration. Bring back the Novak.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I loved the trade for Terry! Only I didn't really think it was a trade for Terry. I thought he was useful expiring salary for trade purposes and that the main haul was the two second round draft picks. I didn't COMPLETELY discount the possibility that he could help us. I remember saying something to the effect of "We all discounted Mutombo when he was acquired and then he was a solid contributor for years. Maybe Terry will surprise us too."

Sure enough, I'm surprised. He's looking really solid. And he's been flat out amazing shooting threes. I love the championship pedigree he and Ariza bring to our team. I think we needed some vets who know what it takes to win a chip.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Great asset to the team.

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LOL....you've just described Patrick Beverley!...;)

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

He okay when he make-a-the-3. When he no-make-a-the-3, he not okay. ;)

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The precedent for signing Rocket killers and attempting to turn them into Rocket heroes isn't new, see Sedale Threatt and Eddie Johnson and Cedric Maxwell, among others.

20. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I originally hated/loved the deal. Hated that he used to be a Mav and used to kill us. Loved the contract for the possibility of moving it for someone better. But I totally forgot about him used to being a Mav after his first interview. He's just so charming. nh