1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you feel about Americans representing China in the Olympics?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Feb 16, 2022.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's a message board. No one is doing that ****. Go tell the ones disagreeing to do so. Thanks. They are making a claim

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@bobrek

I mean really, you're a Republican? There couldn't be a more random discrimination topic than black home appraisals. I hadn't heard that one

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not sure what being a registered Republican has to do with empathizing with folks that get hosed over.

Are you saying that Republicans don't empathize.

Anyway, these stories have been popping up more and more recently. You asked for examples.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That may be true to an extent. I also know of many occupations where men doing the exact same job get paid more. Nurses are just one example of many. Also, it's much more difficult for women seeing CEO type positions to get them. Women of color are discriminated upon the most. Face it. It's been a man's world in this country for ages. It's only now getting better. As for a woman President, well who knows how long that will take to happen. Believe me, coming from the Navy I saw the struggle for women all the time when it came to promotions.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I asked for examples of immigrants treated unfairly

Not sure you support any Republican positions on anything. National defense, economy,police, race, etc

Any Republican politicians

Is just annoying you are one.of the main posters arguing with me. Immigration is the big Republican issue now and here you are again being anti Republican.

It's weird to say the least

tinman likes this.
  6. bobrek

Did you read your post that I responded to? You wrote this:

"I don't believe ANYONE deals with systematic unfairness in this awesome ass country. At least provide examples"

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The IOC stated she gained Chinese nationality in 2019 and produced a Chinese passport to prove it.

Are you sure you have looked into this?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

High liberal Bobrek

I have been asking for examples of immigrant unfairness the entire. You even showed me Sweet Lou's example that I missed. So I know you know that

I apologize for not making it clear again

Edit: it's an interesting topic. I will read all the articles. I mentioned in a Trump thread I dealt with appraisals in a bank job. I think appraisers are trustworthy, at least it's a trustworthy profession however I had a college professor lambast appraisers over the SNL crisis

#208 pgabriel, Feb 22, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

all immigrants are being treated unfairly now

i know someone who went to Texas and then got her masters at Duke
    she has to do lots of legal stuff to try to be legal American, green card to citizen ship is hard

but if someone just walks over the border they don't have to put in the work as her, it's not fair

10. bobrek

Well... you did not use the word 'immigrant' in the post I responded to. You said anyoneI. It would be just as easy to have typed 'immigrants' but you typed anyone.
    And, to take a cue from the pgabriel playbook: " I haven't read every one of your posts in this thread".

11. Gioan Baotixita

If you’re a Republican then the freakin Pope is Jewish. Cut the BS act old man.

12. bobrek

Still waiting for you to post one liberal position that I have posted I support (and if you're talking about showing empathy, support and striving for equality among citizens of this country, then guilty as charged).

Also, are you saying that no one is treated unfairly in the USA?

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

• Jieruimi Shimisi, formerly known as Jeremy Smith, ice hockey player for China
    Did this dude change his name to sound more like how broken Chinese Engrish pronounced his previous name? Very clever ☺️

14. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Probably due to phonetically translating this name from English to Chinese characters then back to English.

15. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

this is the drawback of a diverse country, you can't expect everyone to be patriotic

16. adoo

adoo Member

that is just ignorant.

During the American revolution war, the population was not diverse, not everyone was for the American colonists;
    there were traitors, such as Benedict Arnold

17. adoo

adoo Member

the mental mental midget projecting his ignorance, making stupid claims, unable to provide egs.

My Chinese parents immigrated to the US;
    he worked as a chef and then a restaurant manager, she a seamstress, then a retail clerk.

you can't possibly be this ignorant.

you need to heed the sage words of Abe Lincoln,
    "best to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak to remove all doubts"​

#217 adoo, Feb 24, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So your dad represents all Chinese immigrants?

So Asian immigrants don't take job that require a high level of education? That never happens?

Where did I say all Asian immigrants?

19. adoo

adoo Member

the mental midget is trying to lie, denying that he had made this stupid claim

btw, should the mental midget ever venture into the El Sereno neighborhood in NE LA, a working class neighborhood,
    in so far as jobs/livelihood, my working class parents are representative of the Asian immigrants living there​

#219 adoo, Feb 24, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Where did I say they don't take jobs like your dad?

Get a life bro