1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you evaluate CP3's playing condition now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Dec 4, 2018.

1. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

As we all know, CP3, 33, signed a 4-year, $160 million contract with the team during his off-season.
    Now the season is over a quarter,as a Rocket fan, I have been deeply desperate......

Compared with last season, CP3l's degradation this season is very obvious.his breakthrough lethality is almost gone.
    Because of old age and old injuries in the hamstrings and other parts(total loss of muscle explosive power),his offensive skills were left with perimeter shot near the free throw line and forced shots outside the three-point line and it feels very unstable.In some games, he can still score 20 points, but in others like today, he may only score five or even 0 points.

Considering that he receives nearly 20 injuries in the regular season every year and he hasn't completed a healthy playoff game in recent years (both of which will only become more and more likely as he gets older).Should this be the role of a $40 million star??????

The most frightening thing is that this is the first year of the new contract......

ilias and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  2. Homey the Clown

At this point I don't think he'll ever be 100% healthy. Rockets knew what they were getting into though. So it is what it is.

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, that contract essentially ends any competitive hopes the Rockets may have had for the Harden era.

Had to give it to him. But did not expect him to fall off a cliff this early.

BasketMAD, ilias, GotGame15 and 2 others like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not underestimate the aging body of a non crowned champion.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Wait until trade deadline.

Trade CP3 and James Ennis to Phoenix for TJ Warren, Trevor Ariza and their unprotected 2019 first round draft pick.

Draft Zion.

Profit.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With no legit third star to take off pressure from CP3 and Gordon, there is seemingly no end to this inconsistent train ride.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in my mind non crowned is not a slight
    and is greater than crowned because it tells me nba office just knew hes the best because it was obvious and convincing so they did everything in their power to stop him ;)

#8 hakeem94, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    daywalker02 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and as per ageing body all the signs points to his body aging well hes already old by nba standards and still among the very best players despite having no athleticism and all that

10. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

bro......do you think the management of the Suns looks like a silly pig......

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You guys are writing him off way too early.

xaos likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

By the time Morey gets another legit star to take pressure off Paul, Paul is probably nowhere like his old self.

The time window is that limited. If the brass can't see it, the whole endeavor is nearly hopeless.

My goal is to at least make a Finals appearance, a title or more is just a cherry on top of the cake.

The only way is to catch GSW or whoever is better off guard again which does not happen most of the time.

#12 daywalker02, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It seems like people have been HOPING AND PRAYING for him to fail
    you guys are some of the sh!ttyest fans in sports sometimes

CP3 contributed to the loss last night
    However I think people really don't know what a Point Guard's responsibilities truly are
    We have not had a legit pure point since Sam Cassell

The Rockets CAN WIN with CP3 only scoring 5 points
    However . .that requires him getting 10+ assists
    which . . of course. . . DEPENDS ON MFERS HITTING THE OPEN MFIN SHOTS!!!

When guys miss shots CP3's stats look much much worse
    It also allows the defense to double, play him closer, and shadow him much more

When teams say . . .. Let's double Harden and CP3 and leave the rest open and take out chances . . . .
    If the others hit . .we win . . .. if they don't we lose

Right now . . . If i were playing the Rockets .. . . I will take my chances leaving Gordon, Green and the rest (except Tucker in the corner) open

Rocket River

HP3 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes, absolutely.

Vivi likes this.
  15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

We messed up by not trading Ego and Tucker plus 1sts for Butler. We needed a 3rd star, and a competent backup point guard/playmaker to take pressure off of CP3 and Harden. We passed on Run It Back, so we should have gone all in on Butler. Hard to say how we fix this now without a true 3rd star being available unfortunately.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

At least we have MCW lying in wait.

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Walking Dead level...and it don't even watch the show anymore.

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

his contract reminds me of albert pujol's deal, only worth the contract the first couple of years. He's gonna miss at least 20 games this season.

19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The thing is, we can easily stick Harden as a true PG and we would be better off..... at the moment, anyway.

20. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

I'm just waiting for his next decent performance when everyone will proclaim that "he's back!"