1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do y'all get over this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, May 12, 2017.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I'm so hurt, embarrassed, mad, and sad at the same time.
    This was probably the most embarrassing game in rockets history. Way worse than losing game 7 by 40 to the Mavs, Harden 13 turnover game, and etc.
    Just sucks been watching all 82 games and been riding for this team all my life and this is what I get?!
    I'll get over it but what do you guys do to get over this pain?
    I'm starting to think this lil b curse is actually real now.

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

OkCupid or Tinder

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You get over it by focusing on your own skills/talents and rembering that you also have to compete in this dog eat dog world to survive.

I understand the embarassment. I live in austin with roomates and co workers are spurs "fans". They are frontrunners who arent from san antonio and arent sensitive to my emotional vulnerability to the rockets.

Remember that your team losing can be liberating. It doesnt have to dominate your thoughts and emotions anymore.

Go out there and succeed in life

4. malakas

malakas Member

I made a coffee, watched the sunrise took some deep breaths of fresh air, and got ready for the first summer swim in the sea.
    Already got over this , in the first hour after the game. Life goes on.
    It's only one game in the second round. Big deal.

Now if we blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals that would be a different story.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

6. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

It's even worse since I live in SA.... and I always defend my rockets and James harden. No way I can defend them tonight

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. Mr. Space City

stop believing in the rockets and become a pessimist.

it makes the games 100x more enjoyable.

i just sat back and laughed at how bad they were losing to a spurs team without tony parker and kawhi leonard.

this **** only a game anyways.

8. Dalton Truelove

I have never criticized Harden before; ever in my life, because I hate all the posters that have "grown to hate Jame Frauden" but his performance tonight was just.....like, pitiful!! The worst I've ever watched!! James harden is still my favorite player ever but, like, how do you explain this? He is a quitter and the Rockets MIGHT need a new superstar.....I HATE saying that..... I just can't believe what I just watched. (Turned off after 3 quarters)

Rocketeer4Life and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

As a Houston fan, it's easy.

Already ready for the Astros to blow it in the World Series over some silly ****.

I just shrugged, in the end, they had a good season.

I think we get so caught up in wanting our team to win we forget we watch this for entertainment, this was a very entertaining season (better than that trash last season) and pressures off now.

Daddy Long Legs and adw like this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

The rockets lost, not you. Sports obsession is a blessing and a curse. We all experience the ups and downs vicariously through these teams. It can be a prison.

When moments like this happen, it can serve as a reminder that you are your own human being in control your own fate. Focus on competing in the rat race, making money, and developing your own skills/talents.

You are free and liberated right now. Focus on your own life. That always helps me after sports heartbreak

malakas likes this.
  11. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Ive gotten over so many Houston **** jobs... I'll be fine in a couple of days.

Hell I had the epic Oilers choke job against the Bills happen on my bday... this is nothing.

#11 adw, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
  12. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

The same way that James Harden will.

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Just remember we're Choke City and Harden is the leader then you won't be disappointed when it happens.

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Easy, stop being an effeminate man. Its just sports, these athletes bounce back hella easy like gronkowski after the Superbowl dancin up a storm.

HadToDoItCF likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Remember, you and everybody you know and love will die.

When you think about it that way, tonight wasn't that bad. :)

sushimaster and malakas like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Drink alcohol! Bottom's up, boys!

[​IMG]

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

I'm actually really glad you said this. I've been saying this entire year that being super pessimistic towards the rockets was a coping mechanism resulting from the fear of heartbreak. I think we all agree and it's pretty obvious but a lot of posters called me out for being an "armchair psychologist"

18. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

I feel your pain! I'm a fellow Rocket fan in Austin. On the North Side, I have to also contend with Warriors fans because of all the Bay Area transplants that work in the tech industry. Of course, they were nowhere to be found until the 14-15 season. I will never forget walking into The Park at The Domain for WCF Game 1 against the Warriors and expecting there to be a bunch of Rocket fans, only to walk into a bar filled with Warriors fans and me literally being the only Rocket fan in the place. Austin could very well be the worst place in the world to be a Rocket fan because you have to contend with being ridiculously outnumbered by Warriors, Spurs and Mavs fans. Three incredibly annoying fan bases for very different reasons. Mavs fans are typically the coolest of the three.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I was angry after game 5. After game 6 I just feel empty. It's as if someone I thought was my best friend turned out to be a totally different person and screwed me over.

sushimaster likes this.
  20. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I hate to say this, but I think this might push me over the brink to become a Spurs fan. Their team won't ever quit on you...not as long as Pop is alive.