1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

How do we solve Garnett and Duncan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rage, Jul 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Rockets need to worry about Deron Williams and Chris Paul right now.

Big men don't kill us. Point guards who run pick&roll to perfection do.

2. bjshot

bjshot Member

Yao guarded TD well. Both Ron and Tmac can serve KG well.

3. Albert Einstain

Yao can entirely defend tim Duncan perfectly(locking him up) ,as last season's stats proved(translation).And ,man,i have to figure out that the sixth letter from the bottom of your sentence is wrong(the word before is adj rather than adv,then the letter following the word "defend " should be "di" instead of "de" which is wrongly used in your sentence ,man.).However ,it doesn't matter to use wrong words in our forum. Because " Imagination is more important than knowledge " ----Albert Einstein

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I've got a feeling that Dorsey is going to be a brick wall to these guys. Just wait and see when we throw the tazmanian devil at those two.

5. akuma

akuma Member

maybe you'll have the best two-man defense since Pippen-Jordan. that combo won 6 titles. T-Mac, Rafer and Yao are much better than average too.

6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I'm still cautiously optimistic about the way the season is going to unfurl, only because there are still so many things that can go wrong. I'm not going to say that the Spurs have little to no hope against us just because of a few good regular season games against them. They coast throughout most of the reg. season and turn it up during the playoffs, we all know that.

I really hope Artest is the missing piece of the puzzle because I'm tired of seeing Yao and Tmac fail time and time again because of lack of talent or lack of health. Due to what's at stake (McGrady's and Yao's legacy, Rockets playoff success), and the heavy expectations that come with the Artest trade, I'm not going to proclaim us the champs just yet. It'll just hurt more if they fall short. I know, I know, it's a cowardly stance, but I just can't take anymore heart-wrenching losses.

Btw, what happened to you JeopardE? Why are you a rookie again?

7. head's wife

head's wife Member

we should trade scola with yi jianlian,the best chinese pf in Nets

8. Madeinchin4

Madeinchin4 Member

LOL :D :D :D :D

9. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

don't forget about those defensive slackers, scola and landry...
    they don't even make our all defensive first team? wow.

i don't see how JVG says we might be overrated defensively.

and i don't think we solve garnett or duncan. no one solves garnett or duncan. but we match up very well with every other player on their teams, so we wear them down. they can't beat us individually all game. they get theirs but it won't be enough. it won't be enough. just like what used to happen to TMac. garnett and duncan will need more help than they can get.

there are going to be some great games against the lakers and celtics next year... we are going to be a beloved team. pure hustle, pure will, all guts.

garnett, duncan watch out...

10. mansonjt

mansonjt Member

Yao can guard Duncan well. I think our biggest opponent is Celtic and we also have "big three" :D

11. csux

csux Rookie

I can do better than that :D

McGrady PG
    Artest SG
    Shane SF
    Dorsey PF
    Mutombo C

You don't mess with that much meat! :D

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

By doing whatever we did that stopped all the "How do we solve BOOZER?" talk

Backed up by

Rafer
    Harris
    Landry
    Hayes
    Yao

All kindsa grades of meat on this team

13. allenfy

allenfy Member

it is now a bigger problem for our oppenents...how would they guard our BIG3 :D

14. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

The great thing about this trade is that now teams will have to figure out the rockets. We no longer will adjust to their game, instead teams now have to wonder how to match up against us. I look for Yao to have a great season, because they are not going to double him hardly at all. A fresher Yao hopefully means a healthier Yao. We have every angle of the game covered now. Dominate inside presence, slashers and creators, shooting, and tenacious defense. Our bench is the best in the league now. With such a capable bench we will be able to rest stars more, I just cant see us not in the finals with this team. Dallas and Utah will no longer be our problems, they are done.