1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do we fix the PG postion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, May 28, 2015.

1. MistaK

MistaK Member

You do know that we tried to sign him last offseason?! He met with the team and at the beginning of that meeting even apologised for the way that he carried himself his last year with the Rockets. The only hold up was Bosh. I'm sure if Toronto is willing to trade him, he'd be more than okay to play for Houston, McHale and Morey.

2. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

A couple of ex NBA players blamed the coach for how that went down. Mchale is good at dealing with players ie Josh Smith, Kevin Garnett. I'm not saying its a smart move put if you think Rondo can't work in the right situation, your wrong because it worked with another good coach named Doc Rivers, remember that championship they got, Rondo was a huge part of if whether you like it or not. Some LA wackos would probably argue that it makes Rondo better than Howard (LA butt pain is still strong when it comes to Howard).

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

pretty much agree. I like signing free agents because you don't have to give up assets to get them, and we've got an attractive enough team and market that i think we can get good players to sign here (of course you lose some cap flexibility).

Lawson is worth trading for though. Couldn't agree more about how much easier he'd make life for Harden. Harden will play his best ball with a guy like Lawson running the floor. People forget how good Harden can play off the ball.

Lawson is exactly the type of pg we need; he a great passer and floor leader, takes care of the ball, and he's a good shooter so he keeps defenses honest. I haven't watched him closely enough to speak to his defense, but all the other boxes are checked.