1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do we fix the PG postion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, May 28, 2015.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I like Jarrett Jack a lot. If he's available, that'd be great. He's a tough two-way player and it definitely seems feasible that we could add him without having to dump a lot of salary and lose a lot of depth.

I'm really hoping the bulk of this team is back next year. I definitely think we need to look into upgrading point guard, however, if we could just get healthy + see some improvement out of a couple of the group of Motie, Jones, Capela, Johnson and McDaniels we will easily be a 60 game winner. Hell, I think we could have been a 60 game winner this season if we could have just stayed even remotely healthy.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah ideally George Hill but will have to pay as much as for Lawson to convince Indy to trade him.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

Sign Llull. Draft Grant. Get rid of TJ. Do those three things and win it all next year.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Lawson is my guy and he would be that legit guy next to harden. People say he doesnt play defense, but ive seen him harrass guys from baseline to baseline. He finsihes well at the rim and in the paint. Another guy to consider is reggie jackson, hardens old teammate. He's still young and really still emerging. Played well in the playoffs with westbrook out. Thinking outside the box would be a guy like eric gordon via a trade. If harden is going to be psuedo pg, at least get a guy who can fill lime gordon and also play sg when harden needs a breather.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Reggie is a RFA and Detroit have chosen him to be their pg of the future.
    More likely that Jennings becomes available if he's able to return from his serious injury next year.

6. basketballholic

We're not interested in Ty Lawson.

7. malakas

malakas Member

How are you so certain?

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He doesnt, just trolling as usual

1 person likes this.
  9. hooroo

hooroo Member

George Hill? LOL, Bird is looking for a PG for the Pacers too.

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

RONDO??!!
    Dude can't hit the ocean from the beach with a basketball.
    What is he going to provide for us? Cancer in the locker room?

Apparently you didn't watch any of the Rockets/Dallas series
    He was awful. And a MAJOR head case to boot.

Morey loves his numbers, but he'd have to be like Russell Crowe
    in "A Beautiful Mind" in order to make that deal

PASS....

[​IMG]

11. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

i cant stress this enough mike conley is like pat bev 2.0 defend well ,excellent facilitator, can attack of the dribble. he is top 5 two way point guard in this league

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Tony Parker will fix it

But after 4 years when he is 37

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Lawson is also my guy. Dude would make life easier for everybody, including Harden. With Lawson, teams no longer will be able to keyed in on Harden. Lawson would make them pay for it by driving into the paint at will. Lawson would also serve as the playmakers for those games when Harden does not perform as mvp Harden.

Lawson is one of the players Morey ought to trade for. Just get it done.

14. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

So Pat Bev?

I thought we needed a playmaker

15. malakas

malakas Member

Yes he looks for a backup pg off the bench. He won't start whoever he gets. Pacers are a contending team in the East and contending teams don't start rookie pgs. Unless the pg is a generational talent and these players are usually drafted in the top 5.
    I don't see Payne or Grant as generational talents.

16. malakas

malakas Member

The Grizzlies agree with you and that's why they will turn down all Morrey's offers.

The point was to find a pg that is actually attainable. Not someone who isn't available like Conley and Schroeder.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

18. calcium

calcium Member

I think the Jeremy Lin offer happened after Dragic said no.
    Which was why Lin got such a big contract.
    There was a 'desperation' element to it.
    ie. time was running out the there were no (or not many) PGs around
    and Lin just had Linsanity.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That contract definitely had desperation written all over it. The Rockets were desperate to sign a point guard. They were desperate for the franchise to seem relevant(they hadn't acquired Harden yet and had been in the lottery 3 straight years). And they wanted to maintain their popularity in China after Yao's retirement.

The problem is aside from Linsanity which lasted all of a month, there was no logical reason to expect Lin to be worth anything close to the money they gave him. One of the worst signings in recent memory by this franchise.

20. verysimplejason

Rockets need Stephen Curry. Make it happen Morey! Harden + Curry + Ariza + Howard + XXXX. Well, it's close to impossible but it's Morey, right? :D