1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do the rockets stack up in the current western conference?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 24, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets have so many unknowns it’s hard to say. This could be a championship contender or a team that struggles, trades Russ and James and doesn’t make the playoffs.

Lots and of ifs...

If Silas can bring back more ball and body movement and get this team to play Defense

If Harden and Russ buy in

If Russ is healthy and is close to MVP form

If Gordon or his replacement bring consistency off the bench

If Boogie stays healthy

If Christian Wood lives up to the hype

if, if, if....

daywalker02 and Corrosion like this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

clips didn't get better imo. nuggets as well, after losing grant. the blazers will be improved, but i don't believe as drastically as others here predict. the team that will move up to the top 4 is dallas i'd have to say. i think most likely we end up w/ the 3rd or 4th seed

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would agree that is a championship contender if Cousins is a 22 and 10 machine.

I think we are past that, and if Cousins can give you 14 and 6 without getting injured majorly again, that is a win and a Top 4 seed arguably.

With Chris Paul going Arizona, Dallas and Portland maturing, it is going to be harder than last year.

Utah also got their Bogdanovic back and Favors, a decent defender.

The only known defender is PJ Tucker and that dude is going 36.

As crazy as it sounds, Silas is the guy I am least worried about.

He seems to be solid, I do not think he is Carlisle level just yet but solid.

He does not have Mavs bench depth and the personnel defensively!

That is why I am thinking he won't be too focused on the regular season record and play Harden just 34 minutes a game at best. Might be wrong.

#104 daywalker02, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020