1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do people here think Harden > KD in any universe?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jun 19, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

MJ's post season numbers dwarf KD. same with Lebron. Both are also better playmakers. Tucker has locked him plenty of games this series even.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, in certain games, yea. But in like 3-4 games. Tucker was doing a very good job on him. He had many games where he had like a 48 TS%.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

We've him when he was undermanned and the main guy defenses keyed in on. We've never seen him play with KD against high level defenses. Of course a certain poster made this thread LOL and then liked this post. Harden was the best player on the floor last series. You guys really just ignore facts on here dude. And you are so shameless that you use a time that he's playing on a grade two to promote a narrative you cant even get the right facts for.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Except he isnt. You guys are ignoring all the bad games he had this series, its crazy. Harden when healthy, Lebron when healthy and Steph are definitely better. Even Kawhi has an argument(not that I think he's better though).

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

You are not wrong, I just think people (over)appreciate players who can hit ANY shot at any given time. Durant, Curry, and Lillard are good examples. I think there is this visceral fear and thrill from watching these guys hit impossible shots that makes people overlook other shortcomings. Even Giannis, who I’ve been critical of in the past, had a dominant series, yet people just remember the air ball FT and think he was struggling.

It’s been that way with Harden his whole career. He is not the same flashy shot-maker as some of those other guys, so his dominance (willing mediocre teams deep into the playoffs) gets overlooked. Harden’s miscues get amplified, but his playmaking gets overlooked. It is what it is.

plutoblue11 and HP3 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He had all the physical tools to become an enforcer on Offense.

The offensive version of Artest and Draymond. He chose to go the finesse way with his bulk.

You can be flashy and physically intimidating.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

It just sucks that the most low IQ, shameless posters come out of the wood work to use this to add to their narrative and bitterness. This was basically the worst possible outcome this series.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You're not having fun.

Roc Paint likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and KingCheetah like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

KD is not as good a playmaker as Harden, but he's better at everything else. It also shouldn't be dismissed that because of his size and quickness KD can play All NBA-quality defense. He's also the best rebounder of the team.

I'm not just basing it off of this one series, but if I was, I would say that he was the best offensive player, defensive player, and rebounder in this series for the Nets.

Harden was really good last night, all things considered. He and KD both had a couple bad decisions but that is forgiveable when a guy plays 53 minutes.

In any case, I'm not surprised they didn't win this series - I picked Milwaukee. The Heatles didn't win their first year. I expect Brooklyn to come back looking much stronger next year.

LosPollosHermanos and Patience like this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I bet he has a boatload of Harden memorabilia he’s staring at right now

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Bending defenses and getting your teammates shots is better than whatever minimal differences there are on defense.Durant is not that good of a defender. And not its no all nba quality. Im sorry but its not.

He was the best offensive player because Harden was on one leg. If you based off this series, than it wasnt even an all time great series. He had many games where Tucker locked him up.

Yea thats fair.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh its like that. Fine take your shots old man. :rolleyes:

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That’s funny because the guy quoted calls me the same thing.

lol

HP3 likes this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Define locked him? Dude averaged 35 a game and damn near went for 50 twice.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

Durant scored 48 TS% in like 3 of the games this series. Tucker has given him the most trouble out of all defenders.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

35 ppg and damn near 50 twice isn’t getting locked down

I’ll give you the playmaking aspect with MJ & LBJ being better but Durants size, skill & range makes him the most unique scoring weapon ever

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude, I dont care how many points you score, if you have a 48 TS% 3 different times than you got locked up.

He can be more unique but he many not even be a better scorer than Lebron simply because of the pressure Lebron can put on the rim. And there is just no statistical argument for him over MJ.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

KD is not the best player in the league

hes only the best when surrounded by 3 other allstars, best shooter of all times, another MVP , HOF coach , Scott Foster and Tony Brothers, yeah given all this KD really is the best.

20. The Letter O

The Letter O Member

Neither one of them wanted to take the big last second shot last night...lol

hakeem94 likes this.