1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do I quit my job?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by amfootball, May 27, 2004.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Make sure that you don't owe the company any money or you will have to reimburse them. What do I mean by that?

At my company, they will reimburse me if I make at least a C or better in taking college classes (for my MBA) up to $3500 per year. However, they have a clause that says that if you leave the company a year after getting a tuition reimbursement check then you have to pay them back that check.

Also, make sure that you move your 401(k) from your old job into your new 401(k) plan by doing a rollover.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

of course, i had the same thought. but yours is the first responsive post. "impressive. most impressive."

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

How do you deal with honestly wanting to murder your boss. I want to hurt him real bad and watch him bleed. What can one do to mess up his life without getting in any trouble?

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

as your nominal BBS attorney, i advise you to never put thoughts like this in publication again!

my bill is on the way. thanks!

5. PhiSlammaJamma

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die. "

6. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

That was on last night, classic.

7. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Don't quit - Just stop going.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
    Joanna: Won't you get fired?
    Peter Gibbons: I don't know, but I really don't like it, and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
    Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
    Peter Gibbons: Nah-uh. Not really. Uh... I'm just gonna stop going.
    Joanna: When did you decide all that?
    Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
    Joanna: An hour ago... so you're gonna get another job?
    Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'd like another job.
    Joanna: Well, what are you going to do about money and bills and...
    Peter Gibbons: You know, I've never really liked paying bills. I don't think I'm gonna do that, either.

9. codell

codell Contributing Member

I was waiting for the perfect moment to drop an Office Space quote, and IMA steals my opportunity!!

Damn you.

10. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I'm thinking the LLOhan thread deserves a Seinfeld cleavage quote, but wanted to leave it to you or Behad...

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think they'll likely pay you for unused vacation time, but won't for unused sick time. Do you have a policy manual or something?

12. amfootball

amfootball Member

I did it! It was remarkably easy. I went in early today (I work nightside) to be sure he was there. He asked me, jokingly, why I was there so early -- to quit? I just smiled and said "well......"

Turns out the guy actually liked me and thought I did a good job. I really had no clue. I thought he thought I was an airhead. He even said he'd re-hire me someday, if I was interested and he had something open. He said I really deserved the new job and he would have promoted me if the company would let him. At first I thought he was just telling me this because he had to, but I could tell he really meant it.

It was so strange...I quit and find out my boss wasn't as bad as I thought. Go figure.

By the way, there are lots of good resignation letters on the internet. I just copied and pasted and then changed the names of the company and the dates. It worked out well and only took me about two minutes.

13. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Glad it went well. Good luck in the new gig.