1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do customers feel about fountain drinks at take out places

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I talked about starving kids in Africa and America, then said I was out, then you called me a Nazi, and I let myself be baited back in.

I'll bite.

Again, I would give the customer his drink, at the same price, despite my reservations.

But if any of you think that your choice of soft drink is important, I have a hard time taking you seriously.

Too many people have unclean drinking water for you to demand root beer, or Dr. Pepper, or Diet Coke, or Sprite or anything but clean water.

You obviously weren't paying attention, and you shouldn't throw the word "Nazi" around lightly.

2. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Thought about this thread when I went to Dimassi's on Richmond by The Galleria tonight. Soda machine was out and they had cans of warm sprite and diet coke as alternates. Cash register was also down. Don't charge people for a drink when you're giving them warm cans of soda. It's not my fault your machine is broken.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You obviously don't know anything about running a service business. One dollar to make a customer happy and coming back is nothing. You easily make that dollar back when you handle complaints like you give a damn about people's business.

Furthermore, there are reasons why someone might only be able to drink a soda like root beer. Most sodas contain very high amounts of phosphorous, which if you have kidney issues like I do, are a real problem. High levels of phosphorous in your blood can damage your organs and blood vessels. So I frequently order root beer when I'm getting a soda as I'm sure many tens of thousands of people with kidney problems do likewise. I can assure you, despite starving kids in Africa, I take the calcification of my blood vessels pretty damn seriously. Certainly seriously enough to avoid the ignorant jabroni that mocks my needs as a paying customer over a freaking bottle of root beer.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Do you still make a profit on the bottle at fountain price, albeit a smaller one?

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

If the customer is disgruntled then you sell the bottle at fountain price and take the loss if there is one. Just chalk it up to customer acquisition cost and understand that the customer is more likely to return. You'll lose more money if you lose that customer.

6. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Or customer retention, whatevs.